Is regulating the volume from my iPhone limited to streaming with a SN3?

I am considering using system automation to regulate the volume, using my iPhone/iPad. I know I can do this for streaming.

Will this also work for phono and CD? I am using a CD5si and Rega P9 if that matters. I could also use the remote, but then I would have to turn around as the equipment is behind me. Using the iPhone or iPad would be far more convenient.

System automation enables you to control the amplifier’s volume control from the Naim app. It therefore works with any source.

Thanks HH. BTW do they have Halibut in the UK? The best comes from the pacific north west.

One can’t eat one’s relatives.

1 Like

HH. So true.

Hi Jaybar, I disagree about Pacific Halibut being the best, but whatever …… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Atlantic Halibut are found in most all North Atlantic cold waters, around UK this is northern Scotland and Ireland including into North Sea, plus Iceland and the Atlantic regions of Scandinavia. Also on the other side of the Atlantic in Greenland, Canadian and north USA waters.

We gave up eating Halibut. It has become way too expensive in NYC. YOUR point about Atlantic waters is true. Even Atlantic Halibut in NYC IS costly. Scottish salmon is great.

Indeed, Halibut is so expensive, unfortunately it’s a rarity in the fishing world, a species of concern.
As such it’s only landed as a ‘by’ catch, the price starts from the highest bidder at the dockside auction, plus plus plus to whatever the fancy restaurants prices go to.

But enough, too much thread drift.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.