Is this Hi-Line still good?

Morning richard,

Is that in reference to the photos in the initial post or the picture posted later? As mentioned I had a similar occurrence with one of my plugs. After reseating the plastic band in question on the plug, all three plugs on my two hilines flex and are visually the same considering spacing between the plastic bands. I may be being paranoid here but is there obvious way to determine if internal damage has occured?

Deeg

Deeg, sorry, reference to the first post.

1 Like

DG, it was because it was a design where the connector could be physically decoupled from the cable. The segmented air-plug was the result, although the lightweight sections were perhaps a bit too lightweight in retrospect, something that was improved with the Super-Lumina, albeit at much greater cost. For all that, I’ve plugged my own Hi-lines in and out many times over the years and not had any issues in use, but then I make sure it’s well relaxed and dressed and plug and unplug very carefully only ever holding by the solid front section of the plug.

@Richard.Dane

Thanks for the prompt response.

DG…

I bought my HiLine secondhand, and at the time dealt with Focal-Naim in the U.S. directly.

However, my dealer has always offered to help with anything Naim, even if I didn’t get it from them. Years ago when I have a 282/HC/250 services and DR’d it was all purchases second hand from a previous owner. My dealer handled everything about getting them serviced, including shipping.

1 Like

When my Hiline broke, I could see that a connecting tab on one of the sleeve segments was missing (broken off).

Thanks for the info. Nothing appeared amiss with mine at the time other than the kink so hopefully all is good👍

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.