Is this the beginning of the end?

Thanks… I will search it out.

Almost sounds like a press release​:flushed::joy:

Could you put a link to it in your first post please, or copy and paste. It saves us all looking!!

Yes, indeed! Still the same people who have been a part of Naim for many years (even Roy, although he’s basically retired, but nobody can keep him away). Hopefully what this will do is underline more than ever that Naim is about them rather than just whoever is MD.

4 Likes

Many companies have an EU based legal entity for trading purposes. My very British employer too.

Surely it doesn’t matter where Naim is ‘run from’ - what matters is that it is well run and profitable. Unless you have a pre-disposition that underpins your concerns?

9 Likes

Agree with OP’s sentiments. If key decisions re product R&D, manufacturing, sales is now made in France, this cant be good news.

1 Like

Am I correctly inferring that your main issue is with the nationality? Not with any specific person taking over, who’s stepping down, or the direction of the company? (which as far as we know isn’t changing, at least not as a result of this)

Wow.

2 Likes

Is this thread about Naim or Francophobia?

3 Likes

He died a long time ago…

2 Likes

Sorry, superfluous hyphen - now edited

The Entente Cordiale is alive and well.

Overall Strategy is made at board level - it’s been that way for some years now, so no change there at all. I’m not quite sure what you have against France though in this regard.

As for everything else it’s basically business as usual. The board have a very good understanding of what (and who) makes Naim special - I really can’t see them wanting to ruin that. If anything they plan to make both Naim and Focal even better, and also to work together better, which probably hasn’t always been the case before. Personally, I’m sad to see Charlie go, although I always knew his tenure was not going to be a long one. He was the right person at the right time to get Naim on the right track. Ironically he has basically done such a good job, he’s achieved what he set out to do earlier than expected, and he’s made himself effectively redundant by doing so. But I know he feels good about Naim and the people working there and that he leaves behind a very healthy business with a great future ahead.

10 Likes

Ahahaha. Not sealed. Obstructed by the mask. :sweat_smile:

Then it’s a short way to move RnD and production out of UK. It’s a classic in the business world. And Charlie probably didn’t sign up for that and made an exit. We will likely never know the truth since it most often is covered up in politics.

3 Likes

I hear the forum staff will be replaced as well… they showed a picture of the new forum leader, François:

39 Likes

Excellent FUDdery…

No not with the nationality but moving a multiple Queens award company, a brand I love for it sticking to its original values, to another country. Surely with different ideas for future plans. I met Julian several times and this doesn’t go well with the memories I have of him.

3 Likes

Why? RollsRoyce are part of bmw group and have autonomy. And it’s going fine. Let’s not paint the wall black, already …

( realized that I should mentioned Bentley , from VAG group) :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I have bad experience in board members making decisions. Most often board members THINK they know a lot but in reality their biggest interest is money, never product.

7 Likes