IsoAcoustic Gaia

Ah yes indeed my bad thank you. I meant the Gaia 3. It slipped. My stands are filled. I bought the Gaia 2 2nd hand from a person, not a store. The reason why the system is not on the floor is because the tweeter is not on par with my ears when on the floor, due to the new and higher couch we have. And as for the system not working correctly, there was a significant difference in vibration on the bluestone when I tested yesterday on the one with the Gaia compared to the one without.
On the folder in the box it says on the weight part - to 54 kg. On the site it states “Designed for floor standing speakers weighing up to 120 lbs or 54kg” I see no minimum weight there.
I’m not concerned about it not working correctly. Just like you buy speakers weighing 28 kilo’s . They are to heavy for the 3’s but 26 kilo below the max weight of the 2. So therefore they should not work correctly then… I doubt it.

Fine, do what you want with them. Tweeters do not fire a laser beam of sound straight at you, they disperse it in a cone like direction. One of the things I really like about my Gaia’s is when they are in place, they have a suction cup effect to the floor, making it extremely hard to topple the speaker over if you accidentally bump into it. Your setup appears to be very unstable, only trying to help you, I also owned special 40’s at one time.

No Quarter,

I use Finite Elemente cerabases under my speakers. They weights around 30 kg. The cerabases are recommended for 40-500 kg.
The cerapucks I had before are more recommended for the weight of my speakers. However the cerabases were really a nice improvement vs the cerapucks.

You said it right. Appears to be. And yes i know the tweeters don’t disperse like a laser. But i find the overal sound nicer when they are on the same height as my ears.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.