IsoAcoustics GAIA and OREA Isolation

Thanks, look forward to learning about your experience.

Thanks to everyone for quick and helpful responses.

Gaia working great on PMC Twenty.26. I went with the spiked platforms to go through the carpet, so they’re completely stable except for the movement that’s designed into them.
Concrete floor under the carpet.
Have a friend with Linn Exakt 350s and they worked well for him too.

I use Gaia II under my Confidence C2. They are pricey, but definitely worth it for a Naim system with nice speakers. They improve bass definition and soundstage most obviously. I think it’s a better improvement than I’ve got with any cable upgrade costing more.

5 Likes

Not cheap? Look up the Nordost Sort Fut… The Gaias do the same thing at a fraction of the price.

2 Likes

Mine is also concrete with boarding and carpet, however they still make a difference.
B

Yes, it is curious that we get angry because some advise things without having tried them, only from the reviews, and then denotate without having tried what others advise from the experience of having tried it and know that it works.

2 Likes

I have Gaia 1 on my speakers - as other have said, it made improvements on both bass and midrange and in my case widened the soundstage.

The floor is wood laid over concrete base (with the required insulator between the wood floor and the concrete).

Regarding stability - if installed correctly the speakers have no side to side movement, there is some front/back movement - but nothing that will worry anyone that speakers will fall over.

Very happy with my purchase

1 Like

There have been many such fads over the years - one month’s must-have becoming the next month’s landfill. Black Ravioli anyone? If happy owners are confident in their decision making then it matters not one jot what I think.

1 Like

However @anon4489532, we really do value your opinion, and numerous naimees have been genuinely helped with your great advice. I am not sure why you regard this as a fad? Is this any different to the plug block you and others have been singing the praises of for the last few months?

Regards
Geoff

3 Likes

Some seem to be allergic to all non Naim stuff. They considered them as snake oil or components going against the Naim intended sound.

3 Likes

Geoff, you are probably right. It’s when people who have got something promote it as a universal panacea. I can see why something may help on sprung floors but on solid ones it makes little sense. And as for people suggesting them to go under speakers that already have sprung bases - it’s going to be unpredictable at best. It’s a bit like Hugomania and Melcomadness - every other post bangs on about how life changing these things are and then it fades away. Hence the fad thing. None of us is wholly immune and I know I’ve rattled a few cages with my enthusiasm for the streaming preamp that cannot be mentioned.

What is amusing though is the sometimes excessive reaction from some when somebody has the temerity to question the efficacy of their latest life changing purchase.

1 Like

I’ll take that ‘probably right’ !

When there is a thread with nearly 6000 posts that has no relevance to the naim system I own, I am glad that I can enjoy what I have and just get on listening to music.

1 Like

Nobody was promoting anything, the op asked for “experience”, not an uninformed opinion. The responses seemed brief and factual in relation to users experiences.
I must have missed the excessive reaction ? At least nobody had the temerity to suggest the IsoAcoustic Gaia feet “punched above their weight”

3 Likes

It certainly punches above its price . The other similar products, even if a bit more effective for some, and it’s not sure, cost several pounds or hundred pounds more.

3 Likes

I can’t either see the promotion of anything or the excessive reaction.

1 Like

I tried GAIA III under my floor standing Spendors. My floor is parquet on concrete. I have to admit I did not try the GAIAs before buying. Initially I convinced myself that there was an improvement in the sound - it was smoother but I felt a little disappointed. Another problem was that the speakers were impossible to move easily.
After some months of thinking my system would settle,I decided to remove the GAIAs and put the speakers on rigid supports, spikes or castors. I had used spikes before but the domestic problem of moving the speakers remained. So I opted for castors. There was an immediate improvement in the sound - the life had come back to the music. Sold the GAIAs. My message, as I should have done, is to try before you buy ! The GAIAs for me dulled the sound. I listen mostly to classical music. Now happy with the music and wife happy speakers can be easily moved.

3 Likes

I use Townshend Isolation Bars, initially on carpet flooring over concrete base and latterly on floating laminate. They eliminated the bass ‘bloom’ issues improving clarity and soundstage. I regard them as an essential addition to any loudspeaker in my room. I have used them now for 5 years.

The Gaia’s should provide similar benefit although two sources suggest that the Townshend isolation is marginally better.

I note that one speaker manufacturer PSB is to provide Gaia isolation as standard on their speaker range.

Gerry

1 Like

There is no promotion here for Gaia products - a question was asked and people who had experience of the products responded - there is no push to but these products - if some interested, try the product, if you dont hear a difference dont buy…

I looked at the Townshend products because someone here I know was thinking of them to help with the bass boom he has. They seemed to also be designed to help with seismic vibrations, which might be relevant to a turntable.

Regarding speakers, it seems to me that every speaker will have been designed to be mechanically coupled to the ground on which it stands (or wall etc.) in a certain way. The simplest and most repeatable situation is with spikes onto chips. The speaker cabinet can then vibrate in a controlled way and the energy should not travel into the floor. If the floor receives and transmits too much energy it may mess up a whole load of other things. Heaven knows what these so called isolators do. It’s a shame the speaker manufacturers don’t help more.

Phil

I used 4 Orea Bronze under my CDP

Reduced it to 3

I got a vibration isolation pad for USD 1 each which I know will not come out once under the cdp but since I already bought the Orea I will let it be ( for now )

This vibration isolation pad works well under my SN2

Thing is …this is not rocket science.

One can get it done and be happy if it works for you…as many will testify

One can get happier for lesser…it’s possible

I see what HH is trying to drive at.

Some of my friends have removed everything and gone back to stock feet.

IMO ofcourse and YMMV makes the audio business go around.

1 Like