Isoacoustics Gaia Setting Up and Performance

Sorry, gotta ask, how do you stop the granite from wobbling on an uneven floor?

Good question: four blobs of Blutak.

I guess Blutak is the equivalent to WD 40 - does everything

2 Likes

Er…I did try WD 40 instead of Blutak, but it didn’t work.

To be more serious - another advantage is that the bottom of the Gaia acts a bit like a suction pad, which drastically reduces the risk of someone accidentally (or deliberately?) toppling the speakers over.

1 Like

I tried them with the K6 and I felt in love with them, so much so that I ended up installing three Orea models under the fountains and the gaia III themselves under the Nu-Vista taking advantage of their threads.

Are there better products…? Yes, but they are much more expensive and not so much better, which seems to be something to value more and more as, without wanting to enter politics, things are getting… , ahem, ahem…

Cons? They do not fit well to all systems or to all floors and / or surfaces, although within the cost of this hobby it is a minor and salvageable mistake if they can’t be home-demoed in advance.

1 Like

I have bought the Gaii 3s for my Dynaudio Focus XD30s. The feet look the same as the XD60s. I cannot see how to fit them. Can you help, please?

You should be able to unscrew the spikes and just screw in the Gaia’s in their place. Do the XD 30’s have the outriggers like the XD 600’s?

Thank you. Yes, they do have outriggers

Is it useful or even necessary to put isoacoustic feet under the chassis of the UNIT NOVA?
The device is simply placed on the shelf of a rather large and heavy storage unit.
Thanks

In my opinion, no.

1 Like

Is the upgrade worth circa 2k?
Because in my case with heavy speakers Gaias cost more or less 2K Euro

In that case better go for Townsend podiums.

5 Likes

Having had the isoacoustic gaia on my pmc fact 12 speaker’s, I can say they improve things, but the townshend podiums are even better

6 Likes

In this case I need the size 5, circa 3.8K Euro.
Is it worth the effort?
For example at about that price I can buy a second 555PS DR for the 555 CD,
and there are many other option.
I know is a hard question, and there are variables, but still…

I’m surprised - which model do you need? Your speakers must be extremely heavy.

I would go for a home demo of the Gaia`s.

As I have stated, there are out there better products, but, as you can see, they are much more expensive and not so much proportionaly better.

Difficult to respond. Maybe could you try if you have a dealer having them.
If you buy a second hand 555 dr for 3,8 k, chances are that you would need to send for service too.

Dunc is very satisfied with the Podium for his Fact 12. @Michaelb too.

The podiums made quite a difference, much more than I was expecting and that was on the gaia’s and not the standard spikes, benefited the whole system obviously and not just one item, like adding a second 555ps would

2 Likes

It’s worth decoupling your speakers from the floor structure in my experience. A pair of Townsend Podiums will set you back say £1800,- for a heavy speaker and to me delivers more than a second PS on the CDP555 all things equal. As always I shall refrain from mentioning the room acoustics… :face_with_hand_over_mouth: ATB Peter
PS. I paid £1300 for my pair under my lightweight speakers.

3 Likes

So did you do an A/B comparison between Gaias and TPs at twice the price only? ( I did btw ). ATB Peter

2 Likes