Isoacoustics Gaia Setting Up and Performance

I don’t have Podiums, though I may one day try them under my Shahinians. The thing is, it is handy to move them about as designed

My Speakers are Acapella Basso Nobile:
dimensions (hxwxd) without horn: 1620 x 360 x 620 mm
weight: 110 kg (each)
Tomorrow I argue to other answer.

Do such heavy speakers really need to be decoupled?

1 Like

I would guess even more so once the sheer mass gets going. ATB Peter

1 Like

I suppose you’re right. The whole house could move with them…

2 Likes

I can only echo: the Gaiia’s work very well in my set up
Iver

I confounded above. It’s not Michael b but you , as owner of the Podiums.

Yes sorry, it’s Peter R.

Looks like the Podiums are your only option, since your speakers are 10kg. over the weight limit for Gaia 1.

Hi Dave, good thing is that Townsend will build anything Podium-wise to suit the application. Clever chap he is :+1:t3: ATB Peter

1 Like

The Gaia Titan series goes up to 280 kg

3 Likes

You’re quite right, I wasn’t aware of the Titan range … speakers weighing up to 281 kg.

Good Lord!

1 Like

Yes :slight_smile:

The Gaias have proven to be a great addition to my system, no doubt about it. I am aware that there are few cases (perhaps 1 in 100) where people experience a degradation in sound quality or hear a minimal/negligible difference when the Gaias are installed on speakers. I am unsure how they made the sound worse but they really helped elevate my system to a higher level of performance. Without the Gaias, I am not hearing the full potential of my speakers. Good sound but not great. With the Gaias it now sounds quite complete, very satisfying.

The Gaias are not a substitute to room treatment products but they somehow act like one, cleaning up everything particularly resonance from speaker cabinet vibrations which in essence is colouration. You hear a much cleaner, detailed and impactful bass. Due to the cleaner bass, the midrange and treble also sound clearer with better clarity and detail.

The superior Townshend product may sound better but it costs comparatively higher as well. The Gaias represent better value.

7 Likes

+1 for the Gaias. I have them on my Kanta 2s and my experience is identical to yours - you articulate what they do well. A great upgrade for a modest price.

1 Like

I’m the 1 in 100 I simply could not get them to work in my room. First off I have very thick carpet and padding. First thing I tried was 3/4” solid bamboo cutting boards. Because my floor isn’t level I couldn’t get the speakers level and have the Gaia logos line up in the correct direction. So I tried using no cutting boards with the optional spike plates. No good, spikes on the plates are too short, and just wobbled on top of the carpet. At that point threw in the towel. Went back to stock ProAc spikes. Sounds fine. My conclusion is they are difficult if not impossible to use on thick carpet, best used on hardwood floors or thin carpet.

1 Like

Useful to know. I have a thick rug on tiled floor but the speakers are not placed on the rug. The Gaias sit on the tile flooring instead. I can imagine the difficulty of setting up the Gaias on thick carpet/rug, or perhaps the failure of the Gaias to work when set up in these conditions.

Spikes are a safe and standard option which will work well.

I have Podiums under my Kudos Titan T88 though not having done comparisons with the Gaias I did do extensive web searching and watched You tube videos on both.
Though the Gaia’s do not increase speaker footprint and go unnoticed the TP are far easier to set up and mine are on carpet with thick underlay, I should add I do have Gaias under a sub av system in another room.
Recently installing room treatment I’ve moved them several times and find them very easy, no more spikes for me!
Cost, with a bit of research I secured mine at a substantial saving, however for me in my system I consider them worth Max’s asking price.
Comparisons with black boxes for me is a non starter because whatever box alternative I could have added would still need TP to hear the benefit. They free the speakers to perform effortlessly allowing the benefits of boxes to come through.
Aesthetics could be an issue for some, I’ve got used to them, and more importantly so has my partner :joy:
If in doubt do try to get a comparison between Gaia and Podiums and the difference in their set up.
That’s me done, thanks for reading and hope it helps :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Apologies Peter, got carried away there.
You have Podiums :joy::joy:
Well, from a fellow fan they are good aren’t they ?
Best wishes
Russ

1 Like

Oh yes, I have the oil riggs :wink: and they certainly did more of everything in a good way. I don’t mind about the looks either, but playing with speaker positioning with them is a bit of a faff tbh. Enjoy Peter

1 Like