Isolation feet for neat sx7i?

Hello all. Well the title says it all really. I have just bought a pair and currently sitting on my old kef isolation feet but I will have to sell them when the speakers go. Chord sm5 look nice and some of the audio acoustics. I don’t really want to buy “duff” ones as reasonably expensive mistake if I do. Speakers are sitting on solid wood floor in a room 4-5 metres square. Recommendations ? Thanks.

I would see if you could home demo the isoacoustic Gaia 3 speaker isolation pucks.

1 Like

I have them on neat xl6 and they are excellent

1 Like

Have you tried them directly onto the floor, with the floor protected from the spikes with pennies, or Naim Chips if you are feeling flush? With a solid floor you really shouldn’t need anything else.

1 Like

You could ask neat themselves what they recommend?

1 Like

At the moment I have them on the kef discs from my old speakers but the holes are too small for the neat spikes so don’t fit at all. I could not find anything on the neat website and only bought the speakers yesterday morning so still running them in. I will call neat tomorrow when they are o-en. I like the look of the gais that have been suggested, lots of very good reviews online. Thanks all.

1 Like

I have my Spendor A7’s sitting on 10 cent coins that I attached sticky felt pads to from Lidl!

1 Like

I think you’d need Gaia 2s not 3s. The weight range for the 3s is up to 32kg whereas I believe SX7is come in at 36kg.

I chose Quadraspire QX7 shoes to go under the spikes on my recently acquired ATC SCM40s. I selected them largely based on appearance, but also because they are easier to position under heavy speakers. Soundwise, the ATCs are sounding astonishingly good especially for speakers just a few days old but how much of this is down to the spike cups I don’t know.

Roger

1 Like

The type of spike and type of floor makes a big difference on weather you couple ( solid disc ) or decouple to the floor
It’s crazy how all these types of things can affect the sound of a audio system.
In the old days we used brass screws screwed to the floor and sat the speaker spikes into the heads.

2 Likes

If you feel you would like something more discrete looking, yet very effective. The Ceraball universal can be recommended.
A set of 4 comes at around the same price as the Gaia 3s and can support up to 300kg.

53AA64C6-E72D-44EE-9BD3-E4F5EF4D2ED9-23664-0000155EED6CBFA3

1 Like

Great speakers

Forgot to update this thread. I got some isolation feet as suggested and they do sound rather lovely. Speakers pretty much run in now and enjoying them a lot. Thanks for all input.

You did well by the suggestion to get isoAcoustics’ Gaia isolation feet. I have the Gaia II for my Confidence C2 and they made a big difference, especially with better soundstage and bass.

1 Like

Good choice. The IsoAcoustics Gaia III’s were also a nice upgrade to my Neat Motive SX2’s. Mostly better soundstage and bass (more defined), as mentioned, and better instrument separation as well.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.