Isolation Strategy

You’re a bit compromised with all that kit in that cabinet so I’m not sure that mechanical isolation will be of much help. It looks like there is a NAS in there too. I’d try and keep the sensitive bits like the 82 and Ios as far away from the NAS, Hicap and 250 as you can given the restricted space.

Perhaps some isolation under the speakers to stop them energising the cabinet would be a good starting place.

Lol.

@Xanthe will be very pleased to answer you. I am curiously waiting :laughing:

2 Likes

Mounting the speakers on wall brackets might be a good place to start. Perhaps the TV too.
If the cabinet has a rear cover, you may find the boxes overheat due to lack of ventilation. You may need to remove a section of it.
If you have any space available in the shelves either side, spreading the boxes out might help. Keeping power supplies and network equipment away from the very delicate signals in source and preamp boxes usually helps.

1 Like

@ChrisSU the wall brackets and other part of the furniture are not for me…this is what decided my wife ahahahah…but the back of the furniture is open. Nas and switch will be relocated

Moving the NAS and switch should help. Maybe some iso acoustic desktop stands for your speakers would help with decoupling. Speakers on media cabinet will cause the unit to resonate which may be transmitted into the electronics.
The picture is quite dark and I can’t quite work out what is where. I presume the 282/250 are not stacked on top of each other. The unit is quite wide so side by side arrangement maybe better if space allows. I am not familiar with isolation supports for electronics but others on this forum seem to use them to good effect.

Hopefully these wouldn’t be too obtrusive?

Before spending on isoacoustics or the like, I experimented with, don’t laugh, washing machine feet. They cost 4 quid. The base tightened up sufficiently to stop me from going any further. These speakers aren’t that base heavy anyway.

4 Likes

Yes they could fit im my situation without effort but there is some experiences on it? Is there someone in the forum using these stands for bbokshelves?

If it works don’t knock it.

2 Likes

They seem to be widely used for monitors in mixing studios. I am pretty sure I have seen some in system pics. Hopefully someone will be able to give a first hand opinion.

1 Like

There are some reviews on YouTube. They seem very effective and I saw them here also in systems pics.

1 Like

For sure they are ultra cheap compared to the townshend platforms

It is not suggested to rule out Sorbothane as a vibration damper. Sorbothane is one of the best energy absorbing polymers available, and reasonably cheap!

Some prefer to mitigate vibrations with damping, others using velocity differential through materials. There aren’t many other options. And it’s a mater of taste and building constraints (and, of course, frequency range targets)

There are other, poor and perhaps a bit psychological, solutions like marble or granite support platforms :wink:

At the end of the day, the goal is to reduce vibrations.

3 Likes

They are more made for bookshelves. Not heavy speakers.

Yes, I’m searching a solution for my little bookshelf

Isoacoustics aperta are the solution I feel

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.