Isolation - this time it's speakers (and Gaias)

Perhaps, we should call it “The 53 Appreciation Society, for exceedingly Old Farts”……:blush:

2 Likes

I tried a pair under my Spendors. Definitely an upgrade over just spikes. Plus, they a great for easily moving speakers around to find the sweet spot.

The Gaias worked better for me so I moved the gliders under the Fraim.

3 Likes

I did exactly the same with Gaia IIIs on a carpeted suspended floor, only I used cheap marble chopping boards. Made a huge difference, whereas the original speaker spikes and Gaia spikes did nothing for me.

2 Likes

Now that you’ve started it … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Two guys have been best friends since school. They both buy brand new VW Beetles on the same day and decide to go for a nice drive in the countryside. An hour out, one of them breaks down. The other guy pulls up behind and walks up to see his friend standing there, with the bonnet¹ up, staring in amazement.

“No wonder I broke down! There’s no bloody engine in the thing!”
The other guy: “Don’t worry, don’t worry, guess what - I have a spare one in the boot!²”

Transatlantic glossary:
¹ bonnet = hood
² boot = trunk

5 Likes

Lol :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I am awaiting arrival of Herbie’s feet for speakers and stands plus dots and tenderfeet.
I have the old fashioned tripod equipment stands.
I was wondering about some stick on anti vibration patches as these stands ring if percussed.

1 Like

What model of Herbie’s feet are you placing on speakers. I have placed the Herbie’s Cone/Spike Decoupling Gliders under the spikes on my D30RS speakers and found the to be quite beneficial. See photo in post #210 above with comments of my experience in post # 18. Also placed then under my Q4 EVO Natural Bamboo rack, see post #215.

I ordered Herbie’s Giant Titanium Cone/Spike Decoupling Gliders.

I also ordered 3 more for placement under Naim Fraim.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Looking forward to hearing about your distribution of the Herbie’s products and the impact on the sound within your system/environment.

1 Like

Yesterday switched to Gaia II and noticed a significant improvement. More controlled bass and increased clarity. Decided to keep the Gaia’s.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.