Jay-Z billionaire

So Jay-Z made $1,000,000,000+

I know you guys know this, but at one count per second it takes 12 days to count to a million, but 32 years to count to a billion.

So a billion is a large number and it really is an incredible story when you consider his background, but does it mean anything for the long term future of Tidal?

I guess he’s just one shareholder and he may not plough new personal funds in if needed, but I guess it’s better news that him being a plain old millionaire and success begets success right? Says a lot about the success of the online/tech revolution too.

From the press:

Jay-Z just joined an elite club of entertainers who have hit billionaire status — and he’s the first hip-hop artist to do so. [Forbes says the rapper’s art, real estate, liquor and other investments, along with his entertainment industry earnings, have accumulated into “a fortune that conservatively totals $1 billion.” The 49-year-old’s journey from young drug dealer to mega-mogul spans decades and includes numerous record and business deals.

Jay-Z, whose real name is Shaw Carter, grew up in the Marcy housing projects in Brooklyn, New York. After gaining success as a rapper, he created his own label, Roc-A-Fella Records, signing about 50 artists to its roster. A clothing line, Rocawear, and a sports management company shortly followed.

The billionaire businessman and rapper Jay-Z is married to Beyoncé, who holds her own when it comes to net worth. She has amassed about $355 million, according to Forbes.GETTY

While Jay-Z, a father of three with his superstar wife Beyoncé, is one of the wealthiest entertainers in the U.S., a good chunk of his money comes from other business endeavors. Forbes determined his net worth by calculating the combined value of his businesses and investments. His Ace of Spades champagne, D’Usse cognac, investment in Uber, Tidal streaming service, art collection and three homes all contribute pieces of the billion-dollar pie.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.