Jazz Music Thread

Same here. I couldn’t agree more.

1 Like

Great find, thanks! Have been following J Marshall for quite some time now. Resolution 88 as well. Oh wait, I think nr 10 is by Resolution 88, just not mentioned in the credits (?).

1 Like

I will check. Had no time to download it for now. I like Resolution 88 too.

1 Like

More retrogression from the old timer.
image image
Couple of cds from Discogs. Bought on spec but I know with those two line ups I won’t be disappointed.
What a fabulous ,inspiring cover for the dotty blues. :joy::rofl:
N

2 Likes

The two first tracks are terrific. It’s indeed Resolution 88 the track 10.

1 Like

Albums on Bandcamp

Hi @jazzman22 , I tried your “Alone Together - Jim Hall” album. Very nice recommendation. Thank you for sharing.
Iver

1 Like

Maybe Chefchaouen?

One of my favorite jazz pianist. Always joyful to listen.

4 Likes

Locked Down Jazz Appreciation - Album of the Week

41: Charlie Christian: The Genius Of The Electric Guitar (Columbia)
Despite passing away at the age of 25 from tuberculosis, Texas-born Christian did
enough during his short career to achieve immortality and earn a place in the pantheon
of jazz guitar greats. Though he rose to fame in the age of big-band swing (he first
made his mark in the Benny Goodman sextet alongside vibes maestro Lionel Hampton),
the melodic and harmonic content of Christian’s solos anticipated the advanced musical
vocabulary of bebop. A posthumous release, this compilation album, first issued in 1987,
drew together disparate sides, including solo recordings and cuts that document his stint
with Goodman. Many guitarists that followed in Christian’s wake – among them Wes
Montgomery, Grant Green and George Benson – were indebted to the Texan fretboard
genius.

Key song: ‘Solo Flight’

Enjoy

Dave

6 Likes

That’s a new one to me so many thanks for posting. Also worth checking out…

71go8Vbx2qL.SS500

Tommy Flanagan & Hank Jones - Live in Mariac 1993
“Two of the finest pianists in jazz history, recorded live at Europe’s most prestigious festival. Jones and Flanagan both made their reputations as accompanists to the greats, only emerging into the spotlight later in life. On the first disc of this double CD, they play separately, with bass and drums accompaniment, and the second features them together. Either way, it amounts to an absorbing experience as they dig into classics by Dizzy Gillespie, Thelonious Monk and other old masters. The flow of ideas and sheer crispness of execution are a joy.” Dave Gelly The Observer Sun 27 Dec 2009

They also recorded a duo studio album Our Delights/Galaxy OJC but it’s out of print.

Enjoy

Dave

2 Likes

Just received the Marcos Resende album, 1978, reissued. Very good album, a group I didn’t knew before. A bit in the Herbie Hancock style, with mini moog, fender Rhodes, lots of percussions, groovy bass.
A delight!

ON LP !!!

1 Like

This an absolutely great find, thank you very (!!) much. Have lived in Brasil for 4 years, have a good amount of local talent music, but this escaped me. Very nice! This is going to be played over and over!

1 Like

Afternoon session-

11 Likes

Looks like a pretty good afternoon session to me.

Glad it pleases you. I didn’t knew absolutely that group. Until recently when Bandcamp was advertising this reissue. A great discover.

Two likes for the two last albums :laughing:

@frenchrooster @RexManning
That’s really nice. Suggest you find the below album if you can, similar vein. One of my most played LPs.

Michel Sardaby Gail

1 Like

Today’s playlist with my favourites Arnett Cobb and Hubert Nuss… all recommended albums
#HappySunday, Iver

3 Likes

Thanks Neil, I will have look. I do have him in the collection with Ron Carter. Not that album though. Different style with mostly standards, but highly recommended.

1 Like