Jazz Music Thread

If you’re fan of Coleman Hawkins, I rate this album as one if his best
Iver

Any more details? No an album I know.

You’ll find it on Qobuz, @Richard

Thanks, it is actually a bootleg (?) of The Genius of Coleman Hawkins, originally issued on Verve. I have the cd.

1 Like

Thanks @Richard I was having no luck finding it on Qobuz, or anywhere else come to that, but I have…

The Qobuz/Roon album credits, of the version I saved, state the label as Verve Reissues but there were the other usual “bootleg” suspect versions.

Nice, laid-back, album @IvdZ :grinning:

Dave

2 Likes

Thanks @Richard … I had to Google to understand what a bootleg is, but understand it is a non-official release. The album I posted, I found on Qobuz
Iver

Used to be the bread-and-butter of our bragging rights once upon a time :slight_smile:

Two guitars and a bass so nowhere for the master to hide.

NDx2/supernait/Falcon speakers.
The music and system were made for each other.
On Qobuz.
N

1 Like

3 Likes

A new Dave Holland album is always worth checking out…

Enjoy

Dave

2 Likes

Very enjoyable.

A recommendation from the Kudos website. The Kudos site links to Qobuz and Tidal playlists :musical_keyboard: apparently Tord has S20 speakers. It doesn’t mention what the front end is. Not sure if these links will work!

Listen on TIDAL
Listen on Qobuz

6 Likes

I tend to consider Gábor Szabó (1936-1982) as one of the greatest jazz guitarist that has ever been. I am amazed by his adventurous journey that reflects the essential of jazz iteration between the 60’s and the late 70’s. Dreams is an hypnotic and oneiric proposition that immerse you an exquisite orphéic plenitude.

Worth listening, this minimal sound hovering between night & day, earth & sky, classical & jazz…from the Nightflight album.

2 Likes

Great playlist. I found it on Tidal via your link.

Not played this in ages.
A fine pianist and great recording as well.

I thought so. Glad you liked it. I have found that these music threads are a great place to pick up recommendations for new music and reminders of things in my collection which haven’t been played for a while. To cap that, as the thread is on a Naim forum, the sound is usually great. Not advocating that it is more important than the music but relevant nonetheless.

2 Likes

Someone I used to listen to a lot and had rather forgotten about.

For those who like to listen to piano

Jazz?

1 Like

Jazz…from classic