Jazz Music Thread

Although not well-known, veteran jazz singer Lilian Terry, now in her 90th. year, has been a fixture on the European jazz scene for decades. Terry, a thoughtful and expressive interpreter of lyrics is heard here with the incomparable Tommy Flanagan…

Lilian Terry Meets Tommy Flanagan - A Dream Comes True

Streaming on Qobuz.

Enjoy

Dave

1 Like

@narcom listening right now. Brilliant Tommy Flannagan album. So relaxing and well balanced. Thank you for the recommendation !

Iver

2 Likes

I’ll second that. :grinning:

Dave

2 Likes

Sunday afternoon, “eyes suddenly closing” from time to time, and a little good music

4 Likes

Patricia Barber New album …amazing sound DXD 24/352.8

6 Likes

Hi @Meni , Barber is absolutely srunning. I listen to her albums over and over again. Her latest Clique is superb as well

Iver

1 Like

Oh this one is nice

Iver

2 Likes

I’m fairly new to Jazz but playing “Tanya” blew me away, such an amazing track on the recent Tone Poet series. Leads me to wanting to hear more.

12 Likes

That’s a couple of good recommendations. Thanks.

1 Like

Agree!

1 Like

Another wonder of the London Jazz Scene has decided to call it a day and pop off.
Peter Ind.

He had a good long life,played with many of the important and ran that splendid club the Bass Clef in Hoxton. Google him and be amazed.
N

5 Likes

2 Likes

Don’t be put off by the police station mug shots on the cover.
Great interpretations of a wonderful song book by a collection of musicians who’s aim is not to see how many notes they can play in a chorus. Musical cocoa with a shot of rum.
There is of course a vol 1. On Qobuz.
N

2 Likes

I recall seeing Ingham accompanying singer Susannah McCorkle some time prior to them both leaving for the US. Many years ago now.

Interesting release from Jazz In Britain.

2 Likes

Hi @Nick1940 I tried both the Vol 1 as Vol 2 albums of Harry Allen & Keith Ingham. Thanks for the recommendation. Both are outstanding albums
Iver

Some great « swing »
Iver

1 Like

The new Decca reissue, sounding good after a bath in the RCM.

5 Likes

As the children are back at school next week I thought I would join them in a revision course.

It’s what I love. You get ONE chorus to say your bit and it better be good as your contemporaries are musically merciless. The cds all sound clean and bright,the booklets informative.
Mostly Proper Box. Used @ £5.00. So there is almost a Tone Poets worth there.
N😊

6 Likes

Been enjoying this in the 3LP version.

6 Likes