Jazz Music Thread

Great one ! Live recording

Iver

2 Likes

1 Like

@narcom listening it right now; nice !
Iver

Two totally different albums this evening. One brand new and the other released in 1964. One with stunning guitar play, the other one melanchonic piano and bass. Both recommended

Iver

8 Likes

Ordered it, along with the Art Blakey Live Set on the same label. It seems like this is a nice label for live recordings.

1 Like

Jazz In Britain

This week’s archive freebie is the amazing EP ‘The Oracle’ by The Alan Cohen Big Band, featuring a host of British jazz stars.

Available for free (or whatever yo want to pay) until this coming Sunday, the 10th October.
Enjoy!

www.jazzinbritain.co.uk//album/the-oracle-the-ron-mathewson-tapes-vol-4

:heart:

3 Likes

U fortunately not too well recorded, but the music on this one is very pleasant
Iver

3 Likes

One of my all time favorites by Arne Domnerius. Recorded in a church (what a soundstage) on the famous Properius label

Iver

2 Likes

4 Likes

Had to reset my Mu-so and lost my presets. Can anyone recommend some jazz radio stations with decent sound?

This recording has incredible atmosphere and soundstage.

1 Like

FIP for eclectic variety, The Jazz Groove and TSF jazz are good albeit only at 128kb/s ish. Not sure if you’d consider that good quality but the ability to just listen without choice and discover new music is worth it IMO.

Thanks.

Heard this newly-released album on R3 yesterday. Silver Lining Suite by Hiromi and her piano quintet. It’s excellent and I don’t think @anon4489532 will this time have beaten me to get this as it was only released yesterday!

2 Likes

Hi @Blackbird losten to the Andy Sheppard Romaia album twice. Very nice !
Iver

2 Likes

This week end I have Kenny Davern as a house guest.

A fine clarinet and other reeds musician.
A man of mordant wit with some wonderfully authored bon mots.

Much on Qobuz but I have chosen this oneimage
I think George Duvivier the bass player must have slipped the recording engineer a few dollars as he is wonderful but very prominently recorded.
N

1 Like

5 Likes

Yellow Map by Lis Wessberg was only very recently released. Her trumpet play is very attractive. Album is very easy on the ear. Recommended

Iver

1 Like

What a surprise !

Iver

New Nunes Vaz album on the horizon;