Jazz Music Thread

Hi @Richard ; just tried the “Tribute to Jim Hall” album. It was in my library but somehow I never took the time to carefully listen. Now I did; it’s a wonderful album. The “live atmosphere” is very remarkable. Very nice !

Iver

Hi Iver, glad you like. I find that anything with Peter Bernstein on is worth listening to.

1 Like

Fully agree @Richard ; listen to his latest one now !

Iver

2 Likes

I’ll check it out.

1 Like

3 Likes

I don’t often listen to Jazz but I am playing an old CD The Best of Herbie Hancock, and it does appeal to me. Right now I am listening to the Dolphin Dance, its quite rhythmic and subtle at the same time.

2 Likes

You are now scarily close to the edge of Jazz quicksand!

2 Likes

One of the best tenor/piano duets

2 Likes

Houston Person accompanied by Peter Bernstein and Ben Paterson. Stunning album
Iver

4 Likes

Which of course you know it is and prompted Branford Marsalis to name his fusion group Buckshot Le Fonque which I was listening too recently and posted on the WYLT thread

:heart:

Thank you “Roon correlation algorythm” for suggesting Joe Alterman too me. Fantastic piano play woth smooth jazz

Iver

1 Like

Thanks for that idea…
I’m going to give that a listen :+1:

1 Like

Actually…
Really enjoying this…

This type of jazz reminds me of so many jazz bars I’ve sat in. Great vibe between the musicians and everyone just having fun.

Much more tuneful that some of the “modern jazz” I’ve been listening to recently.

Thanks again.

A Zephyr release that is new to me.
Two masters.
Dave Green and Alan Ganley in support.
After watching Megan Markle in Suits,a snifter of Aberlour 12 and this gentle music I just drifted……… to a world beyond BlueNote.
On Qobuz.
N

1 Like

RIP Pat Martino

3 Likes

More from the back woods. A strange Riverside release.image
A unusual mixture of players and styles.
Buck,as ever,wonderful.
Some nice solos from Dickie Wells’ very own sound world.
Charlie Byrd doin’ a Freddie Greene.
The modernish arrangements seem to fit.
For me,a nice find on Qobuz.
N

Jazz pianist interprets John Lennon.

This has been languishing in my record collection for a few years. Playing it for first time and it’s criminal on my part that it’s taken this long.

4 Likes

Today’s second hand purchase for a fiver !

Nearly 60 years of groove dust sorted out with a record cleaning machine. What emerges is pretty well near mint vinyl.

3 Likes

With the great bass underlining the playing, recommended….

1 Like