Jazz Music Thread

Getting your own back on me eh! :joy:

1 Like

Subtle, engaging music.

1 Like

First post on this thread as I’m new to the Naim community (but long time Brit-Hifi fan having owned Mission, Musical Fidelity, and Exposure).

Recently purchased an Uniti HE to go with my Focal Utopias.

10 Likes

One of his best.

2 Likes

Is that set available on LPs?

Not to my knowledge. It’s a native digital recording from 1994. Pretty well recorded as typical for ECM, with the legendary Jan Erik Kongshaug as recording engineer.

OnQobuz .Old men having fun.

If you enjoy mainstream tenor playing Jesper is your man. Under appreciated in the U.K.
Danish rhythm and recording are fine.
His mates pass muster.

2 Likes

Not familar with the other players but with Sweets Edison, Clark Terry and Kenny Drew coming to the party…

3 Likes

:heart:

3 Likes

The Dave Bailey Sextet - One Foot In The Gutter

Featuring Clark Terry

Entertaining Live in the Studio session, great sound on my vinyl copy

The music is consistently loose, fresh and very inspired; egos have been checked at the door as everyone aspires to work together to produce the best results… this release is strong proof that talented musicians don’t have to meticulously plan out their set to produce timeless music" Allmusic

:heart:

2 Likes

Joe Morello on great form as per

2 Likes

2 Likes

Dear old Pharoah Sanders has left us. Died on Coltrane’s birthday.
He might have enjoyed the irony.

Not my bag but he had many,many admirers.

6 Likes

His son, on Twitter, says that he is still alive, but critically Ill.

I picked up the information from several links,but let us hope he is still hanging on with us. Perhaps too much news too quickly.

I’ve read several reports and as from early this morning it is now on his Wiki page.

Blimey - saw him play an astounding set barely a month ago at the We Out Here festival.

2 Likes

Not what my Wiki page, for Pharoah Saunders, is saying:

Pharoah Saunders Wiki

Fake news?