Jazz Music Thread

This album was made available in Qobuz this week
It’s brilliant
Iver

5 Likes

I just listened to this afternoon’s edition of ‘J to Z’ on BBC Radio 3, which included a tribute to Joey DeFrancesco previously recorded for the programme. He provided a very insightful analysis of tracks by Dizzy Gillespie, Miles Davis and John Coltrane. I know some on here have said they can’t get on with A Love Supreme, so it might be worth listening to this programme on catch up through BBC Sounds as Joey’s analysis is most revealing. He certainly made me think about it. I shall be listening with different ears next time I play the album.

3 Likes

Not everyone’s cup of tea but Keith Jarrett’s recently released solo album “Bordeaux Concert” is gaining many positive reviews.

Recorded on July 6, 2016 at L’Auditorium in Bordeaux, two years before his enforced retirement.

Enjoy

Dave

4 Likes

This evening I selected some piano jazz. Here’s two I quite liked
Iver

2 Likes

Houston Person is a « giant » ; here is another one soneasy in the ear and sounding superb

Iver

4 Likes

I did listen.
I know DrJ and the Diz as well as the late Joey.
Any pleasure in later Coltrane still eludes me.
My problem I wish I could enjoy it.

1 Like

Fine open toned trumpeter In the tradition of Clifford Brown. Harold Land on tenor but more info on the Mosaic website.
Moved to Europe and relative obscurity.
Nice find on Qobuz. Sounds Good.

3 Likes

I must have been pissed when I wrote that cause 2 of them are drummers and I don’t think they ever played together.

1 Like

Listening to that album again.

It’s a gift that keeps on giving, now powered by my 2 new radials, it all sounds so real, so lush.

2 Likes

Just found this little gem.

The best JaTP recording in ‘55 was Chicago, and you can hear that in this…

4 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

I wasn’t aware of that show, looks a very interesting series, quick look at the playlists and its nicely broad and eclectic from the old to the new.
I’ve subscribed to the series, thanks for posting
:heart:

Good tip. Also enjoying this one:

Roxana Amed - UNANIME (Qobuz HR)

New to me so cant say much as I dont know much. I’m quite taken with this Latin Jazz vocalist from Argentina though

Grant Green - Feelin’ The Spirit (Qobuz/Blue Note) 1962

Tasteful Guitar Jazz interpretations of Gospel songs, Soul with some cool Blues groove

5 Likes

Kenny Burrell - The Complete Albums 1956 - 57 (Qobuz)

6 albums from his debut recording year 1956 by the superb Kenny Burrell, prolific but consistently top drawer. Looking at his discography there are other albums from the period which arent on this, so not sure about the complete title which if you consider those as well further shows just how amazingly prolific he was. A rare case of quality and quantity.

3 Likes

@narcom I tried the TerjeGewelt album you recommended
Very nice !!
Iver