1 Like

True Blue also marvellous

1 Like

Awesome…bass is out there !!!

Wonderful recording !

1 Like

Loving this album. A real Tour de Force

1 Like

Great voice. World-class performance, production and recording. To listen (I’m still doing it again and again).

1 Like

Fabulous production and great musicianship for sure :+1: :+1: :+1:

Wonderful album. So much variety. And a top production too :grin:

1 Like

The magazine Absolute Sounds lauched their “product of the year” issue today. It also has a list of the best jazz albums nominated by their editors. This album was one of the list.
I agree with the nomination of this album; absolute worth a listen.
Iver

5 Likes

I heart this one three times in a row; just marvellous
Iver

7 Likes

Pianist Ethan Iverson suggests this is the greatest Blue Note track. Easy to disagree - there are plenty to choose from - but you can see what he means.

8 Likes

2 Likes

Quick question: Ella and Louis - should I get mono or stereo version?

This artist popped up on Roon radio, the track Ta confiance. Liked it so played the album. Turn it up and it will shake the floorboards!

I have the older AP 45 RPM reissue. It’s mono. I would get the new Acoustic Sounds Series 33 RPM version. The mastering is great. I’m sure it’s mono too.

I didn’t know there even is a stereo version.

1 Like

Listened to these two this afternoon (volume up !) - one of very few times when I listen to any rap music - great trumpet player !?

1 Like

Go to record.

Try Candy Dulfer- Sexuality, if you’d like to experience some Jazz/Funk fusion with Hip Hop tendencies. Girl is “Crazy Hot” (I know that’s very politically incorrect) and can really play the Sax… :saxophone:
https://open.qobuz.com/album/0888880643445

2 Likes

I do have the album - will give it another go - not listened to it in a while - thanks

1 Like

3 Likes