Jazz Music Thread

Huge fan of Scandinavian jazz. This album just confirms; it’s very nice
Iver

6 Likes

Just loving Blue Bossa.

I haas the chance of seeing Henderson live many years ago. A very enjoyable experience.

9 Likes

After listening to your advice, which I really liked, I found this one.
Cheers, Maurizio

3 Likes

Hi Maurizio, glad you like Petter Wettre. I just listend to « The Last Album ». I like that one even better then the one I posted !!
Tx, Iver @Maupas54

1 Like

Very nice !! A pity though that the recording quality is not at the highestvlevels I have seen elsewhere

Iver

1 Like

Idk what 20 bit K2 double secret analog mastering is even supposed to mean, but the sound on these discs is lovely on my ancient flatcap2ed 18-bit cd3.5. If you’re not familiar with Monk, his phrasing and touch are, to say the least, unique. An acquired taste for some, others fall in love immediately, as I did. I particularly adore the solo adventures, in which he is free to explore his own iconic sense of rhythm and harmony (I feel the same way about Keith Jarrett, by way of context). Thelonious Monk is my personal ‘God of Jazz’, but as in all things music, YMMV.

Enjoy!

8 Likes

At the end of his career he recorded three albums in London.
Partly solo the others with McGibbon and Blakey.
As I said elsewhere an almost unknown but wonderful reprise to his career.

Excellent sound quality,especially after they cut the old boys fingernails.

6 Likes

Lol on the fingernails - who told you to get such a hi-Res system! :rofl: Seriously though, I will seek these out immediately - thanks (although on some of the later stuff he seemed bored and not engaged, I’m hoping for the best)!!

I should have mentioned in my earlier post - I really enjoy the multiple takes of ‘Round Midnight at the end of the solo album ‘Himself’. You can just hear him building his way up to what ultimately became a top tier classic.

Update: Just ordered the London box from a fellow in Germany through Discogs (doesn’t appear to have been officially released here in the States). The wait begins….

1 Like

What a cool album IMHO, love the groove.

4 Likes

Oscar Peterson always makes me smile.

3 Likes

Body and voice were broken by this stage of her life but she puts so much feeling into the lyrics that a lot of the misery is hidden.
Beautifully cradled by the accompaniment. Harry playing obligatos to perfection. Ben has some good whispery solos.
Not the place for heavy handed Oscar. Jimmy Rowles keeps her on track.
Warmly recorded and wonderful.

9 Likes

“How long I been on?”…Dean Martin :joy:

2 Likes

Is that round two the non instrumental set. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Folder - Full Of Life

Listened to these this afternoon, wonderful musician Enrico Rava & - still going at 83 - you can see him live in Spain in July! - tough instrument the trumpet!?

8 Likes

A Monk tribute featuring Charlie Rouse a few weeks before his death. Classy music.

2 Likes

Oh yeah; just became available this week
Iver

5 Likes

Another cracking :cd: album ; stunning! Also very well recorded
Iver

Looks as though you have found that on Tidal.

Can’t find it on Qobuz. I will keep looking but they urgently need a librarian or several to organise the catalogue.

Search. Charlie Rouse live at Bimbos……gives me Johnny Cash live at San Quentin et All

One for the Chet fan club.

Record shows other pictures of the lad that was.
BlueSounds record catalogue will display pictures.

1 Like

Yes, Tidal, who also need a librarian…

I think I searched on Rouse/Epistrophy.