Jazz Music Thread

Yes, that Montreaux ‘75 has such an uplifting vibe of happiness between the players and the crowd.

This one puts a smile on your face right away.How brilliant
Iver

13 Likes

On Qobuz. Lovely photograph.
More opportunity to smile.

1 Like

Ohh thanks @Nick1940 I didn’t know those !! Gonna listen now
Iver

@Nick1940 just listened to your recommendation. Marvellous !
merci, Iver

1 Like

Absolutely lovely. Live recording at high quality
Iver

8 Likes

Great recording and performance.

7 Likes

I have that and the Webster/Peterson disc on SACD. Need to listen to them again.

1 Like

I suppose we all have a favourite to test a new pieces of equipment.
The Ferrum headphone amplifier.

This is the cd I always use. It is to my ears a comfortable meander through some of Duke’s better known compositions. Allen and the Charlap trio have the job well in hand. But the recording with some Japanese production magic brings forth every aspect (perhaps Peter’s bass a little to heavy) that I search for in a well recorded jazz quartet.

On Qobuz. Harry is a disciple of Ben.

4 Likes

@Nick1940 listening to the Harry Allen album now. I totally understand your enthusiasm about the album: super “rich”, brilliant ensembles and high quality recording. Thanks for the tip. Move the album

Iver

Me too. Always good to hear the Bill Charlap Trio backing (their latest ‘And Then Again, Live’, is just out.)

7 Likes

Hi @Richard , my Roon suggested the Bill Charlap Trio-album that you showed, as well. I listened to ity. It’s again a very pleasant album !!
Iver

1 Like

Charlap ran a summer jazz program in NYC (92nd St. Y) for almost two decades. I went a number of times.

His father (Moose) was a songwriter who wrote most of the music for the Broadway musical Peter Pan.

1 Like

Both released this months. Pat Metheny and Teus Nobel. I listened to both. I do believe they ar both very nice

Iver

7 Likes

Totally agree there. :+1:

1 Like

Interesting trumpet on some good tunes. Super Blonde by Kirk Knuffke.

1 Like

Nice album - interesting trumpet player Erik Truffaz
Erik Truffaz (t)
Benoit Corboz (p) (key)
Marcello Giuliani (b)
Arthur Hnatek (d)

3 Likes

Thought I would play another Erik Truffaz album - this is just great !!!

Erik Truffaz (t)
Marc Erbetta (Per)
Marcello Giuliani (g)
Patrick Muller (p)

3 Likes

Here is one of my favourites from the 90s (recently highlighted by a popular Jazz Podcast.)
One of Kenny Garrett’s finest recordings. I enjoy these tunes so much more than his more recent albums.
The whole band is ludicrous on this!
Kenny Kirkland on piano is amazing and Jeff Tain Watts on drums is a force of nature.
The first track hits hard but after that, there are some beautiful and great tunes.
Enjoy the other Kenny G!
Cheers
W

2 Likes

Folder
Some good tracks on this one!?

Face-à-Face - Erik Truffaz

Erik Truffaz (t)
Marc Erbetta, Mounir Troudi (voc)
Patrick Muller (p)
Marc Erbetta (per)
Manu Codjia (g)