Jeff Beck R.I.P

So sad. He truly was a great and didn’t seem to lose that genius level of musicianship even into old age. The 2016 album Laud Hailer showed off his rare talent and he’d turned 70. Scared for the Children played loud on my system is a truly thrilling experience

1 Like

He was a master guitarist and his albums gave (and will give) me many hours of listening pleasure. RIP Jeff, thanks for the music.

2 Likes

One of the few bits of footage of Jeff & Jimmy in the Yardbirds from the classic Blow Up

7 Likes

Great clip ( and riff from Jimmy)

2 Likes

Jeff Beck playing with UPP in 1974

3 Likes

Yes Richard, I remember " Cause We’ve Ended As Lovers" featuring during the demo for the ND555 at my local dealers. Probably my favourite Beck track.

2 Likes

So sad to read about his passing…
Another one of those responsible for the soundtrack of our lives, moved to play above…
Thank you,rest in peace Jeff :wilted_flower:

2 Likes

sheer genius…… NO equal in rock guitar.

Just another example
Brush with the blues…

6 Likes

Jeff Beck was a guitarist I grew up with. Stomping around the dance floor to “Hey ho siverlining” Then I saw the BBC’ broadcast of “Live at Ronnie Scots”
Wow! I had no idea!

Sheer genius. So sad he’s gone.

7 Likes

Very sad news. I was lucky to see him live on a couple of occasions yonks ago.

Very sad news. RIP

1 Like

Jimmy Page wrote:

“The six-stringed warrior is no longer here for us to admire the spell he could weave around our mortal emotions. Jeff could channel music from the ethereal. His technique unique. His imaginations apparently limitless. Jeff I will miss you along with your millions of fans.”

5 Likes
6 Likes

I saw Jeff at the Royal Albert Hall on 24th June 2004 his 60th birthday.

Vic Reeves’ wife Nancy Sorrell did a version of Cry Me a River, Imogen Heap did Rollin’ and Tumblin’ and Ronnie Wood came on for the encore.

Jan Hammer was on keyboards and Mark Mondesir on drums.

It didn’t get much better than that. Plus I got to pass by Hank Marvin in the corridor.

A few years later I saw Courtney Pine and said Hey Courtney I saw you when you were touring your first album and Mark Mondesir was on drums. He said yer he’s gone off and playing with Jeff Beck now!

3 Likes

Was discussing with a friend last night and we commented that the 60/70s was the guitar equivalent of the 40/50s for brass. Beck, Green, Hendrix, Clapton, Koss etc for the former, Davis, Bird, Rollins, Coltrane, Gordon etc in the latter.

4 Likes

I’m thinking probably spot on LindsayM

The passing of this lad has hit me real hard , he was so different to the rest that preceded him , a true innovator

It was a privilege to see him live

3 Likes

I never saw him live, nor really know his music. But the Times or the BBC News reports that I saw commented that he played his guitar much more loudly than Page, Clapton or the rest.

1 Like

I had the pleasure back in 2014, so glad.

4 Likes

Nice one Lindsay👍

On Twitter, John McLaughlin wrote, “You are the Greatest!!! I love you forever :heart:. RIP”

5 Likes