Judge Dredd would have been a Naim user - Any lovers of 2000Ad out there?

Haha… :joy:
Me too. I’m dwelling on all that lovely original artwork, that I could have framed and hanging on my walls. I could gaze into those city scapes for hours.

Oh joy…
This is where I’d be spending my money, ( if I had any).

I would also like a new Naim amplifier, Naim streamer, speakers, etc., etc… LOL :joy:

I guess it’s all positive, to have hobbies and passions in life.

The original artwork is such a thing of beauty…

Media Type: Pencil and Ink
Art Type: Splash Page
Artists: CARLOS EZQUERRA all

Beautiful full colour art by Carlos Ezquerra from 2000AD prog 657, cover date 16th Dec. 1989. Lettering is on acetate layer, and is all original. Great semi-splash shot of JUDGE ANDERSON, and a murdered Judge!

Active art area is 34 x 44 cm.

I’m messaging a work colleague who is looking to upgrade his Rega P2 to a P3 (it’ll be a hot rodded one as I’ve given him a load of surplus gear such as TT-PSU and cart) and brokering a deal into my dealer who always gets me a great deal but feeling a little bit guilty about encouraging him to spend his money.

And then you post this …, of course I’m going to have to take the bait now and can see some 2000AD artwork on the walls of the cabin to join Spidey and Thor…

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, just checked out the prices, gulp! the pang of guilt when I bought my Stevie G signed euro win picture at an auction is paling into insignificance

1 Like

Hahaha :rofl:
I share your pain.

Yes, they are quite pricey aren’t they.
Think how I feel? I could have bought some these for just a few quid, back in the 80’s.

[ Although, to be fair, I do already have one original piece that Carlos did specifically for me :wink: ]

I’ll content myself with my 11.99 investment in Rogue Trooper, should be here tomorrow.

1 Like

That’s so nice…
Know what your doing this weekend… :wink:

Much music, and Rogue Trooper, (along with his trooper colleagues - belt, helmet, rifle).

Sounds about right, plus watching the transfer window …, looks like that might have a surprise result for me too

With the weather set to be decent will be getting out on the bikes this weekend as well, road one with a mate and mountain one with my fair wife.

1 Like

It’s been super to chat with all you guys.
Signing off, ( for now). In-the-meantime, here’s a pic’ of the man himself…

“Be safe. Be lawful”

1 Like

Correction, it was an 8644, beast mode.

Always used to throw it in the car when going to parties and the hosts amp inevitably dying, jam the speaker cables in and off it would go.

Even had a phono stage!! Speakers were made from wood.

Sublime machine.

Nu Earth arrival - Rogue Trooper

Gonna find me the traitor!

3 Likes

Found these in a charity shop at the weekend :grinning:

1 Like

megaplan

wow, they look mint!

Super find :wink:
I’m amazed anyone would pass over Judge Anderson as well as Judge Dredd.

Maybe they’re a perp’, on the run?

How’s the hostilities with the Norts going?

All good, I’d forgotten how much they always give a little bit of the backstory at the beginning for any reader that had just entered the storyline not from episode 1.

Also the amount of times Rogue has to remind the guys to play nicely and listen to him else they won’t get back and be able to be reengineered into new bodies.

As always artwork is spectacular.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.