Just bought my new Phonostage and its great!

A while ago I was looking to upgrade phono stage from my two box trichord dino ncpsu set that ive had running for many years and really enjoyed. I wanted something a bit different something to keep and enjoy for another ten years or so and had looked at the EAR/YOSHINO phono box. I wasn’t able to demo one so was about to cross it off the list but whilst at work (I work hybrid) on a rather stressful day I thought, blow this! im pressing the buy button! I did it and had to wait a while for EAR to build it but it arrived last Wednesday! Its the mc/mm deluxe with the alps blue velvet volume pot version. unboxed it, wired it upturned it on and waited 20mins before putting anything through it and when I did I was super happy. Firstly because I bought blind off reputation and it sounded great, also because the step up in SQ to me was like when I went from Rega p3 to a lingo 4,karousel LP12! it was that kind of uplift!. Now im having the problem of playing every record and not wanting to stop! and oh yeah my sister visited and liked the bling chrome front so purposely placed a big finger print on it saying this is what little sisters are for hahahaha. Great sounding phono stage, just really great! im running it into a nac 282,hicap,nap200,atc,rel setup.

9 Likes

Pleased a blind purchase went well for you… EAR does have a great reputation. Toying with buying a valve amp from them but given I have Kudos Titan 606’s (84db sensitivity) am not sure a pure valve amp would cope with the bass well.
Hope you enjoy it !

1 Like

I confirm, Ear Yoshino is a great company. The phono inside my Ear 912 is top, quiet, even dead silent, dynamic, with a rich and colourful sound, organic and open.
The 912 pre is more dynamic vs the 252/Supercap I had, and richer.
The Ear 534 replaced recently the NC 250. And the Prat is still there.

But you need adequate speakers. Mine are 92 db into 8 ohm, easy to drive. With a ruban tweeter.
The 534 will sound a bit dull with most speakers that like Naim amps. So Proac, DBL, SL2, Kudos, Sonus Faber….you can forget.

I don’t know the Phonobox, but I know it’s an upgrade on the 834 phono .

1 Like

At a certain point, you have to remember that a reputation has to be earned, so really a company like ear has to earn it. I’m glad you like it and I’d be surprised if you didn’t Also it’s nice to get something that also looks good - a nice bonus . Also Your sister sounds like she deserves a thumbs up (in a good way). ENJOY

1 Like

Which means ? Don’t understand, sorry.

Friendly support and congratulations.
:+1:t2:

2 Likes

@benjy means @rotch 's sister… :expressionless:

1 Like

She sounds like a good sister1

2 Likes