Kanye West's Stem Player

This looks odd, and for the life of me can’t see why I’d want one just to get his new album!

https://www.stemplayer.com

Not sure exactly what’s the selling point, unless it has some clever software allowing you to isolate instruments/vocals enabling you to perhaps play a track without vocals for karaoke purposes or to listen to a specific instrument you might want to emulate playing yourself.

Seems to support many audio formats - does it have its own specific proprietary ‘multitrack’ format allowing the adjustment features but would simply play back other file types?

Looks very odd.

have no idea what Kanye is doing but this ‘stems’ seems somehow related to this maybe Stems

1 Like

Thanks will take a look.

My original post was secondary to this:

1 Like

His music does nowt for me, so what should I care?

1 Like

I couldn’t even name a song he was involved with :grinning:

What happened yo Neil Young’s Pony player or whatever it was called?

Ye Kanye shove yer granny aff a bus ?

2 Likes

No idea what that means but sounds vaguely sensible :rofl:

1 Like

For some reason I thought you were Scottish ?
My grandson likes his stuff, I rib him about it all the time.

2 Likes

One perceives that it is a most curious dialect

As Miss Austen might have said (had she been a member of this esteemed forum).

2 Likes

Pono? Google suggests it went bust a few years ago.

Too expensive to get hi res music files according to Neil. So possibly a bit before its time?

1 Like

Yes, Pono not Pony! :rofl:

Not to mention it was trianglular. I mean, who puts something trangular in their pocket?

“Is that a Pono player in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?”

1 Like

Actually it’s a toblerone

3 Likes

I think he has lost the plot, but recall the prime intent was to address the “hard deal” artists get via streaming platforms.

1 Like

I seem to recall that @Richard.Dane had one of these Pono players - is that correct Richard? If so perhaps you might give us your thoughts on it.

As for the artist formerly known as Kanye, does anyone really care whether they call themselves Ye or Squiggle and does Ye really think anyone cares (if you know what I mean!).

Peter

1 Like

Peter, Ive written plenty about the Pono on the forum over the years. I’m a fan, but you do need to get a good one as they can be a bit inconsistent (I’ve had about 6 and one really did stand out above the others). Try to hear it with a pair of Senn HD600s in balanced mode. That’s the sound, and for that we can mostly thank The late Charlie Hansen of Ayre. As for everything else… I’m not such a fan but at least it’s pretty unpretentious.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.