Keeping TIDAL playlists downloaded to the Naim app after ending TIDAL subscription

I’m wondering if anyone can tell me if, after quitting my TIDAL subscription, the music I downloaded from TIDAL to the Naim app will remain on the Naim app.
Thanks in advance.

Unless I am misunderstanding you, you do not actually download anything to the naim app other than a link that the Naim app uses to stream the Music from Tidal Servers. So once played, there is no music actually kept on the Naim App or Naim player

Thanks for your reply. After considerable reading on the topic, I’ve found that indeed the music is not available once the subscription is over. However, there are a number of apps that allow for the transfer of the music from TIDAL to another streaming service before quitting TIDAL.

There are apps such as Soundiiz which can transfer playlists between different streaming services, which can be useful if, for example, you move your subscription from Tidal to Qobuz. However, they do not transfer the music files, just the playlist.

2 Likes

Thanks for your comment and suggestion.

Qobuz isn’t available in Canada, but of course Apple Music is. I’m on a 6 month free trial subscription with Apple Music right now and wondering whether to transfer my playlists over and end my TIDAL subscription, or stick with TIDAL.

My far from ‘perfect’ ears aren’t hearing much, if any, difference between TIDAL Connect to Naim and Apple Music to Naim via Airplay 2.

Instead of transferring my playlists I might use this opportunity to clean up my current playlists residing in TIDAL and create new ones in Apple Music (if I decide to go that route in 6 months).

Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.