Klaus Schulze RIP

announced today death of electronic music pioneer Klaus Schulze

Stephen

3 Likes

A legend.

5 Likes

Just seen this myself, one of my early and enduring musical inspirations. Will miss him deeply.

2 Likes

Read about this a bit earlier. Now playing Beyond Recall via LP and its fantastic spatial sound effects sound amazing through the SL2s

3 Likes

With the Ultimate Edition, 50 CD boxed set amongst others I have more KS recordings than any other artist.

Listened to Cyborg and X last night…

1 Like
3 Likes

Been kind of busy this week so only just heard this news. Definitively a top 3 artist for me and the artist for which I own the most music. Only saw him live once in '82 in Coventry Cathedral but I still rate it as one of my favourite gigs. I have his latest album on pre-order so going to add an extra poignancy when I get to hear it in June. He is now on his own Velvet Voyage to heaven. Thinking of his family at this sad time.

1 Like

This will be a massive loss. I became a big fan in the 80’s after exhausting tangerine dream, and still listen to him regularly. A hugely inspirational musician who was always exploring new sounds and styles. Like most people it’s the 70’s classics like mirage, timewind, moondawn and X that made the biggest impression, but I’ve always had time for his newer music. RIP.

2 Likes

Very much an important and influential musical influence in terms of my listening right since Irrlict. His works especially Ultimate Edition provide plenty of sustenance for me.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.