Kudos cable with Naim

Lots of factors in play.

This quote relates to the design of the crossover in the BBC LS5/9…

“It was engineered to have a low source impedance over the entire audio range which also gave it a very even input impedance hence making it largely cable immune.”

1 Like

Anyone find KS-1 a little bright?

1 Like

Not in my system terminated with Naim plugs on the amp end and Kudos banana plugs 808 end. Avoid Chord crimped plugs was the advise given to me.

2 Likes

I found the opposite.
I compared with my old Linn K400 and K20 and found the KS-1 delivering more bottom end detail than any of them.
Termination is vital I use Naim plugs on the amp end and Deltron on the speakers.
I only changed from K400 because they were too short after some work in the room. :+1:t2:
I know the K20 and Naca4 are “ the same cable “ and I’ve heard many comments that NacA5 is brighter. :thinking:

3 Likes

I had a great experience with KS-1 linking my 252/300 to my Titan 606s. I upgraded to them from WH Phantom and found them to be very revealing but not excessively bright either.

I’d still have them today if those pesky folks at WH hadn’t sold me Spectre cable (which is another level beyond KS-1 tbh) before they went belly up.

In summary - Kudos KS-1 is a fabulous speaker cable with Naim. Buy with confidence.

1 Like

If termination is vital, might the gold plated plugs (amp and speaker ends) that I am using be contributing to a little of the brightness?

I think so the comment about good termination is down to good soldering and decent nickel type plugs.
It doesn’t seem to like crimped connectors.

2 Likes

I used WH Phantom on my system with 707s. When I moved to 808s I asked my dealer to bring some ks-1 to compare them.
After everything was set up and sounding very good we replaced the Phantom with the ks-1.
The sound was terrible compared to the Phantom. Less detail and a tinny sound compared to the Phantom.
My dealer agreed with my observations and was surprised by the disparity.

1 Like

Nothing Tinny about KS-1 here they might have used chord crimp plugs. :scream:
I’ve a couple of times been asked if I’ve got a sub in my fireplace. :rofl:
I say no just the right speakers for the room. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Spot on. I had feared the worst before I went from Chord Music speaker cable to KS1 (prior to the move to 3 x 500 and all the speaker cables needed for that). I need not have. It’s a leaner sounding cable than the Chord for sure but balanced and like the basic Naim IC’s (although better and without the same trade offs IMO) it just sounds “right”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.