Kudos Heaven

I wonder if Kudos will upgrade the passive crossovers in their speakers with this new technology

Well I got quite excited about the Sigaodrive until I saw that it needs a minimum of two power amps. Dont particulary fancy spending an extra Ā£6k minimum for adding a 300DR

Itā€™s an active crossover. The whole point is that you use a separate power amp for each driver, so youā€™re always going to need at least two stereo amps or four monoblocks.

2 Likes

Or maybe 3 x amps or 6 x monoblocks if using Titan 808. :joy: :joy:

Neither traditionally active nor truly passive ā€“ SIGAO DRIVE is an external crossover with no power supply, situated in front of the power amplifier in the audio signal chain.

1 Like

Not much to ad. Never heard anything comparable to your deck and your system. It eclipses my beefed up lp12 by an immeasurable margin and also those verteres I have tried in the context of my system. Just awesome beyond comprehension. :wink:

Rip caster have the Sigao up on their site at Ā£6500, so with 2 nap250s weā€™re looking at Ā£19k versus Ā£13k to go passive Nap 350. Will be interesting to hear how they compare.

1 Like

Yes, that would be an interesting comparison.

3 Likes

Itā€™s going to be difficult to compare cables for Naim amp owners looking at the Sigao. Iā€™d love the basic Naim RCA to XLR at Ā£150 a 1.5m pair to compare well with some of the more expensive cables :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

John at ripcaster is very good and helpful!

I thought I spotted DIN connections on the back of the Sigao?
Roy George is also behind some of the implementation of the new Sigao its an interesting product.

The DIN sockets seem to be for for tweaking attenuation and crossover settings via configuration plugs than input / output, which is via RCA sockets.

Pic from Ripcaster website.

1 Like

Nice they kept it real with no tie in connector types.
Fair play. :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

At first glance I thought those were some sort of DIN cap, oh wellā€¦ I quite fancy the 606s / Sigao with 2x 250DR, a very neat solution

2 Likes

Perhaps a nod to the Naim Superlineā€™s R & C loading plugs, given RGā€™s involvement.

The Sigao looks a neat crossover solution. No power supplies etc to worry about. Just wondering if I could sneak another couple of 350s into the lounge without Mrs n noticing :grinning:

6 Likes

Send her on a lovely Spa weekendā€¦ā€¦.:joy:

2 Likes

Are you speaking from experience here Gary :joy:

PS Did it work. Asking for a friendā€¦.

No, my lovely wife normally comes along, she has better ears than meā€¦ā€¦she missed out on Black Sabbath at the old Hammersmith odeon.
:grin:

2 Likes

Sounds expensive

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.