Kudos Heaven

Well I am not normally given to wildly over effervesent reviews BUT!!!
I have 3 days ago unpacked and set up Kudos 707s and have not moved away from them
getting a bit hungry now!
From the begining let alone now after 3 days of 24/7 running they are simply superb. So much more of everything poise, speed, detail, body, richness, bass, tight drums whatever you want to call it, they are putting the musicians in front of me and they are keeping me seated. the only downside is what the hell do i do with the delivery boxes, they are huge!!
Fellow Naimites I have moved from Focal Kantas which although were pretty good the difference is amazing. Yes I know there is a big price difference and maybe focals bigger boys would compare but when you get something in front of you that excites and locks you to your seat you know you are in heaven!

32 Likes

Congratulations - great to hear a positive outcome especially on speakers which more often than not can be a source of disappointment/ frustration. Don’t change anything!!

Peter

1 Like

I’m not surprised by your delight. :+1:t2:

I own X3s and describe them like you did. :sunglasses: :+1:t2:
Kudos to them. :wink:

2 Likes

Congratulations!

I recently upgraded to 707’s from an ageing pair of Linn Isobariks. My decision was based on hearing my mate’s 808’s, which were beyond my means, so I was flying semi-blind but don’t regret it for a minute

More people should hear them. Very special speakers. I had 505s, which i loved, went to 606s, love them even more.

27 Likes

Those 606s are gorgeous. Maybe one day……

I had a pair of 707’s for a short while, and I had complaints from the neighbours across the road! These were supplied in error, and had to go back, I now have the correct X3’s. The 707’s are beautiful, but too big for my smaller front room. The X3’s work well with my Naim system.

1 Like

I use my 606s in a small area and they sound superb. Very close to a wall and no booming of base. @Granted eloquently describes the sound of his 707s and I say the 606s sound the same but in a smaller space.

2 Likes

Currently running a pair of Super 20A. It was close between them and the 606 speakers. Whilst the 606 was better in terms of pure SQ, cost at the time meant I selected the Super 20A. I aspire to 606 but finance says no … for now.

Unfortunately the larger sizes are just too much for my rooms (and wallet).

1 Like

Are yours brand new or preloved ? I only ask as although I love mine they were awful out of the box and took 3-400 hours before truly coming on song.

They also improved further when I switched from a 300DR to a 500DR :wink:

Brand new and I thought they would be a problem straight out the box but no they sounded great from start. But of course getting better all the time. can’t wait until they have 300 hours on them. I will have died from hunger before then!

2 Likes

The dem pair of 808s I had took 200-300 hours to really come on song. When I got “my” brand new pair with a new 500dr replacing the 300dr they immediately sounded better than the run in pair, which was very surprising

So yes run in is really important but the best amp you can get is also important!

1 Like

I own 707s and think they are brilliant speakers.
I’ve heard 808s and think they are even more brilliant but I decided to be sensible, for the moment.

Yes cost cannot be overcome but as for the small room, I had more boom from my test pair of 20As than I did from the t06s. The 606s are bigger but more easily accommodated in the small listening space.

The 606s were also more coherent at lower volumes.

2 Likes

Aren’t Kudos speakers brilliant!

I still hanker after a pair.

Sorry John, couldn’t resist.

(This will all mean nothing to those who have not seen the Fast Show).

10 Likes

I’ve got X3s.

11 Likes

You are a source first King. It makes everything else so much better.

1 Like

Hi @Bjm,

When I inferred larger sizes I was thinking further up the Titan series. When you compare the difference in physical size between the 20A and the 606 there is not a lot in it. Weight probably being the biggest difference.

I still aspire to a pair of 606s and will probably keep an eye out for a pair of pre-loved. That said my current system is now fully run in and seems to be fairly well balanced and to my ears sounds good. Changing speakers may open the door to other 300 series boxes and that may not be a good idea. As others have said you cannot “unhear” an audition. Still if some additional funds appear you never know……

Hi @Orac , I thought the 707s were very close to the 606s performance wise but the 808s were so much better.

The most important thing is to enjoy your system and not be too concerned with upgrading. If circumstances permit later on then a big step change will give great rewards.

I still really enjoy my system but my current circumstances have made it possible to take a leap forward. For me though a worthwhile upgrade has to be a wholesale change except the speakers of course!

1 Like

Hi @Bjm , was your comparison of 606’s vs 707’s with your SN3 ? When I compared them with a NAP300DR I heard a big difference between them.

1 Like