Kudos SIGAO DRIVE Crossover

When I heard this was on the horizon I expected it to arrive with a great deal of fanfare on here, and yet strangely quiet.

With so many of us enjoying Kudos speakers it sounds like a very interesting proposition. Particularly as no power or PS required.

Has anyone heard one?

Don’t think the dealers have them yet.

Might have that wrong as some have them advertised…….mystery as to why so quiet?

1 Like

I thought that either @Charlie or @Cohen1263 had one. Maybe they just got as far as trying it out.

Could be good news for Naim sales of 250 and 350’s.

At £6500 i am not surprised really.
The few running kudos speakers active probably isn’t that many really to start with, and then they will already have the snaxo.

£6500 is a lot off money for a passive crossover in my eye’s.
Not that i am thinking about going active with my 808’s ever, i would rather sell them, put the £6500 into better speakers, especially when you add in the costs off everything else.

1 Like

Still waiting

Okey doke. Seems I’m a bit early to the party.

Due any day Stu. But then it has been for months :joy:

Are you waiting for demo or have you pre-ordered?

Kind of both. The agreement is if it doesn’t sound clearly better than Supercap/ Snaxo I won’t buy it. Acoustica have been great with me historically with this arrangement. Good trade in prices also.

1 Like

I don’t know what a SNAXO cost but that sounds like decent value if it does.

Seems a high bar though with the Supercap factored in.

1 Like

As someone else who was interested in this, that sounds seriously expensive to me, but as always, happy to be proved wrong

Expensive if it beats SNAXO/SCDR by some margin?

1 Like

It’s all relative isn’t it? No power supply needed so not much more expensive than S/C and S/L was

2 Likes

Less boxes and cables is a big attraction too

3 Likes

For me also

I think that’s the main detractor for most, so its a big hurdle down.

1 Like

If Kudos built the crossovers correctly in the first place then would the market place really need this >£6k device, I do question their motives, sorry I’ve got it “money”

1 Like

I think that may be the problem going forward. Active with 3 amps……or a better amp. I preferred a 500 amp vs 3 x 300, way back on a Kudos 707.
Personally i hope they make it happen, Naim started to get interested and dropped it. Perhaps not main stream enough.

1 Like

That argument applies to active configurations generally, no?