Kudos Titan 707 v Naim SL2

For you? Yeah, why not?

Too much coinage for me.

1 Like

Actually…telling you the truth,when I play music around 10.5-11 volume it sound good ,but 9-10 volume sound dull and boring for me…but than I have problems with my neighbours

1 Like

With Kudos 808 in your room, I feel you will often see the police guys. :policewoman:

1 Like

Speakers can behave differently with low volume ,and it’s doesn’t connecting to size of the speaker

1 Like

Yes, but if you run the 808 at normal volume, they will induce more bass and high frequencies vs the SL2. And I really doubt they will work in your room, or perhaps with a lot of room acoustics treatment.

Roost, normally I would agree but the 808 defies logic somehow…

1 Like

What you’re saying it’s better in my room …I wouldn’t need much volume

Sl2 can be great as active 2x500

Do you say that Kudos 808 with 500 dr , at normal volume ( to appreciate rock for instance), would work without issues in a 18 m2 room, non treated ?

Mine work in a 22m* untreated room. 808’s are much less fussy about placement than you would think.

1 Like

French, my room is maybe 5.5m x 4.5m (best guess) I can listen at 7pm on the dial and they sound fine. They really wake up at about 8-8.30. 9pm is my normal listening volume at night and I have 2 young children who are sleeping. The bass is very low and controlled. It will shake the house on some recordings if you play loud. I use no room treatment BUT did change SL speaker cables to Kudos and SL interconnect to HiLine as I found with SL the system was too bright for me. I am not a big fan of bright, fatiguing but HiFi sounds.

2 Likes

So maybe it’s a good news for Meni.
You convinced me guys :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

808s came for an extended test and stayed. Sublime speaker.

4 Likes

I see a number of people switched from SL2 to 606. Can they please try and describe the changes. Kudos loudspeakers are definitely accessible where I live and maybe consider them as an option to replace the SL2 in my place in Germany. Then I can ‘retire’ the SL2 to the house in France where i am sure they will shine. When I went to see my dealer I did see the 808 in the flesh and way over my budget and they are far too big. The 606 would be in a system that uses a CDS3 + 252 + 300, which to me sounds like a nicely balanced setup.

1 Like

Hi - the 505/606 will run with a number of configurations from a Nova upwards but I suspect they will be optimised with a Nap 300.

I think the 300DR was the reference amp when developing the Titan range. So it’s a safe bet that the Titans sound great with a 300DR — unless of course the room is hopeless… :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I am still very happy with my SBL mk1 with 52/SC/135?
My room is a bit of a non bass department - high ceiling, under the roof and sofa in mid of room.
So SBL has some bass problems but is very detailed on the other hand.

Would the 606 be a good choice or worth a try for olive Naim as well?

To be honest … thought about it for some time, but was hold back as my system seems well balanced. And my ears a a bit strangely calibrated - preferred the prefix over superline

1 Like

Partnered with a 300DR, switching from SL2 to Titan 606 broughtin my small room … more…more of everything: more clarity, more punch, more details, larger soundstage, deeper bass etc… For me there is no way back. :smiley:

1 Like

From what you are saying, only trying a pair of 606 in your listening room could answer your question.

Thanks… will do so.

Do I need to pull the volume knob a bit more with kudos than with SBL.
Asking because on high volumes (which I never reach with SBL) I have a slight humming. Don’t want to stand this in the way of new spaeke4 audition.
As before testing will show :o)