Kudos Titan 707 vs 808

Hmmm. I see your problem.

I have just checked your system and I have heard 606s in the same set up and they were fabulous, certainly no lack of grunt despite whatever the sensitivity figures would indicate. I’ve also heard your existing speakers and, IMO, the 606s are substantially better (good though they are).

The big unknowns remain your taste and your room. I reiterate that I’ve found 606s pretty easy to place in any room - at least all those that I’ve encountered. But your tastes may not be mine…

PB, of course you are right in the strictest sense…one manufacturer’s new design doesn’t automatically make it superior to another’s older one. However, few would disagree that Kudos have moved things forward with their current Titan range even compared to the older T88 and I do believe that this might be something for Seadog to consider… especially as he can’t audition either speaker. On the other hand I agree with you completely that the XL6s remain a very fine pair of speakers.

Don’t forget you’re talking to someone who turned down a pair of Titan 88’s but purchased a pair of 808’s as IMO they were the best speaker I have heard here. I know how far Kudos have come.

However their presentation isn’t to everyone’s liking, some can find them a bit too far forward and too analytical which I respect.

The Neats offer a different perspective and again I know as I lived with a pair of Neat Ultimatum MF9’s for a few years. They had a sense of ease and a soundstage which is up their with the very best of loudspeakers.

I could live with either one, so I can understand his dilemma :blush:

2 Likes

At various demos over the years I have always found Neat speakers to be amongst the most musical and engaging performers. But as ever room integration is everything and neither the XLS and XL6 worked in my room - the bass just couldn’t be controlled. The S20s on the other hand worked superbly and, perhaps, at some point we’ll try the 505/606s.

Regards,

Lindsay

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.