Lavender - what’s better

Website works for me. FUD?

I’m so enjoying the lavender will probably stay pat
However if there was an interconnect that improved on the lavender but didn’t lose out on the musicality I would go for it.
Just not willing to spend huge money ie $2000-3000 US
I’m so happy with my system now - it’s reading this darn forum that gets the mind wondering …

1 Like

I added a Superlumina interconnect between the NDX2 and SN2, and it’s as good as a black box upgrade. Transformational really.

1 Like

upgrade from lavender?
If so, describe difference- if truly black box upgrade, remember I have Olive boxes :wink:

Website works just fine for me. I have been exchanging emails with them in the last week, and I just ordered a custom build Phantom cable.

Yes, it replaced my lavender. It was an unexpected opportunity to buy a pre-used one, yes, they are mighty expensive!

Differences are across the board, much more refined and solid. Tighter bass, more expansive soundstage and a lower noise floor with a more refined sound but with all the solid delivery and PRaT.

1 Like

$3250 :sleepy:

1 Like

I am using now the Vertere D-Fi which Max had sent me in place of the Lavender. It is a three pins DIN/DIN which sounds (listening to classical and jazz ensembles) in comparison more articulate with added clarity and a slightly lower frequencies reach. It is definitely a good choice at a very reasonable price for anyone willing to try something different without venturing too far from the Lavender.

Do we not need the 5 pins for the DIN? It appears not by your cable suggestion.

IMG_0342

Perhaps we better call them 3/5 DINs…

With Naim a 5 pin signal DIN has only 3 connections, ch1, ch2 & -ve.
Some cable brands remove the 2 unused pins, Chord did it at one time. Why ? they ‘claimed’ it improved SQ. In my book it’s just plain stupid & compromises the engineering.

Thanks, always learning…

We should have airport authorities to inspect all these claim checks… Every time I get real close to my Olive boxes (like when replacing the IC), hearing their hum, I feel that my leg is being pulled by NAIM and their claim that the mechanical sound they emit actually improves the sound, engineering or myth…

Haim, there is method in their madness - when the backlit logo eventually fails, the (damned) hum means you’ll still know the kit is actually on and working. Clever stuff.

4 Likes

Hmmmm…

Ordered this so let’s see if any difference compared to the original grey DIN :+1:

1 Like

the Premieres are superb cables, fit and forget.

1 Like

I’ve just finished experimenting with a Mogami W2534 DIN interconnect made up by DesignaCable. Very cohesive and balanced, with good tone and texture, but ultimately lacking in the detail, PRaT and bass and treble extension of the Hiline in my system, albeit at a tenth of the price.

I can’t find the original Lavender for comparison but it will turn up some day…

I’ve gone and ordered Chord Sarum T Analogue to connect my cds2 to 52. Will report back on my findings after I have received it
David

3 Likes

I gave it another quick listen before putting it away and remained impressed by the tone and texture - very unforced and natural and sweet, but not quite as dynamic and “in the room” as the Hiline.