Led Zeppelin - Behind the Recordings

Lots on insights into the recording techniques on Led Zepp II - and other Zeppelin recordings - and the gear used. Enjoy…!!

10 Likes

Now try Untitled or ‘IV’…

3 Likes

Surprised to head that Zepp only spent 6 days at Headley Grange, with the Stones Mobile, for IV… :astonished:

The explanation of Levee Breaks drum sound is not the usual one - and seems wrong. The common version is that Bonham had had a new set of drums delivered to Headley and his roadie set them up in the Hall, just so John could try them out. The result was ‘heard’ by Andy Johns and microphones were deployed to try to capture ‘that’ sound. I think Andy did OK…

3 Likes

Now, Zepp One…!!

1 Like

Page blaming Plant for them being sued. Lol.

Indeed. Interesting to hear that Plant thought he could be leaving the group - so perhaps applied ‘minimum effort’, on the lyrics…?

The saga of Zepp’s plagiarism is now well known - and has belatedly been acknowledged & paid for.

I’ve read a few times that Plant wasn’t confident of his position or singing for a year or two. Also I read that he was lower in the pecking order than some of the roadies who had been around since the Yardbirds and they were asking Plant to make cups of tea for them etc.

1 Like