Let's raise an article for help, then don't respond!

Mains-related questions that make no mention of which country they’re in (and no clues in profile) until specifically asked, usually a couple of dozen posts down the line, always make me lose sympathy.

As others have noted, kit-related questions with no mention of context (existing kit, budget, room size) are a close second.

Mind you, the ability of some respondents to answer the equivalent of “Should I buy a house or a car?” with “You need to learn Italian” also amazes me.

Mark

3 Likes

I guess it’s good to have an outlet for our frustrations, that doesn’t affect our lives.

1 Like

24 hours isn’t that much, I would have understood your irritation if the thread creator hadn’t responded for like a week or not at all.

3 Likes

I do agree that no response to date from the OP in that thread is strange at most,however, the responses given have been typically “Naim forum” like.
There have been the ever common “over recommendations” , ie the OP saying budget turntable but posts start recommending P8s and LP 12s. There’s been the usual thread drift, ie returning to evergreen debates about streaming v vinyl and the posting of off topic images.
Never fails.

1 Like

I do agree that it seems odd someone would ask for assistance and then not respond to the advice but generally people are odd. Maybe it’s a time/location issue not everyone is from the UK or they’re been busy, we have been reminded lately about “getting a life”.

Or maybe they just couldn’t be bothered but it’s certainly not worth getting into a sweat over. Next time they ask just don’t respond.

5 Likes

I suspect that if you gave Artificial intelligence all the data in this forum, it could successfully respond to most threads without our input.

3 Likes

Odd indeed, maybe their battery has gone dead, and they are in the middle of a forest on a hike

2 Likes

Good point well made.

I and how interesting would that be…:smirk:

I find all this AI thingy a bit scary tbh. I’m sure my grandkids don’t have the same fear so maybe it’s just us old blokes that are struggling with it.

It’s fine. As long as we ALL follow the rules - so not much chance of that then.

1 Like

It’ll all be fine, Pete.

What could go wrong…

IMG_3357

10 Likes

Everything

There is probably every reason to be healthy skeptical of AI Pete, it can be used for very shady purposes, such as influencing elections with rumours, fake news and so on… The possible benefit of AI remains to be seen, I think.

2 Likes

No politics here please. Thanks.

I doubt AI will ever crack English Grammer.
It could be a useful way to spot the robot’s.

4 Likes

Only if you’re English. :grin:

2 Likes

Spot the robot’s what?

9 Likes

Sorry, a logic fail here. You might be alone and a grumpy old git. To swerve the pedants points, your alternatives implied an exclusive or.

However, I do agree with you. Therefore, you are not alone but you may be or may not be a grumpy old git.

1 Like

Or grammar?

1 Like