Lidl Mini Kamado BBQ

I think it’s a game changer discovering the top vent can be swung out - prior to this it was great for slow cooking a joint or sausages etc, but it was low heat, almost limping along, now I know I can ramp the heat up say to sear a steak in a way the little disc vent didn’t allow.

Some things are so obvious, but only when you know!

2 Likes

So, when there’s a rush of enquires, this time next week, from fellow forum members who’ve gone out and been lucky enough to score a Kamado, (social distancing, notwithstanding), then the three of us will be poised to pass on our expertise … assuming we don’t attract too many of the cable guys, who’ll be quick to point out that our opinions are purely anecdotal , and not science based. :joy: :joy:

Gotta larf.

3 Likes

We were doing OK in our little bubble up until then Dave😉

2 Likes

Well following Gazza’s lead we shall all be well-oiled and won’t give a hoot about the detractors !

1 Like

:partying_face: :partying_face: :wine_glass::wine_glass: :hamburger: :hotdog: :fried_shrimp: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

You guys are a hoot :joy:
I’ve got a brochure and i totally missed the kamado, force of habit, I went straight for the wines :wine_glass: :wine_glass: :wine_glass:

3 Likes

@dave-marshall
evening Dave, keep up the good vibes and laughs during these strange times :+1:

2 Likes

As I keep saying, you’ve gotta 'ave a larf, innit.

Erm, ye’re no wan ay them cable guys musclin’ in, ur ye?

Only joking, Alan, and I’ll take the gentle nudge, and post some music!

2 Likes

Good man :grinning: :+1:
Seems The Stones are the order of the day!

1 Like

Och, got it wrong again … just posted a shout from @TheKevster with some Laurel Aitken.

Ah’ll huv ma tea, an’ then get some Stones on … wait fur me!

2 Likes

Keep the top vent open on Barbie😁

2 Likes

I’ve owned and used a Big Green Egg for 10 years now. Definitely keep it open until well lit; 20 minutes. If you close the lid while the coals are lighting, you’re just starving them of air and delaying things.

3 Likes

Won’t she just natter a lot?

2 Likes

Gonna scare you now.

Moved it down to the bottom of the garden.

Put some coals in, lit, left it while I did some gardening.

Came back, temp 70C or so, disgusted opened the lid to see white coals.

It had overheated and the temp gauge had gone beyond max, I’d estimate 600-700C!!!

2 Likes

Sausages early this afternoon, have been incinerating garden waste this afternoon, just about finished.

Jacket potatos in the combi oven, some nice thick M&S steak to be cooked shortly on the kamado :grinning:

2 Likes

Atta boy…glad the combi is working out👍

1 Like

As an aside, daughter’s partner went in search of one, mid morning … sold out again … they’re definitely onto a winner at Lidl.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.