Lifestyle downsize of Hi-Fi system

What have you ended up with now? Sorry if I missed it. Those M2s were really good, and with the 101 a really neat and discreet setup.

1 Like

When we had 2 young children and all the expense that went with it I wanted a LP12/Aro/Meridian Active, everything has worked out okay long term but no downsizing!

1 Like

I remember going to the Meridian factory to get the 101 upgraded and having a demo of the M2’s, very impressed at the time.

2 Likes

Guess they are still in Cambs?

Hi Chris, Still with Naim, just a lot less kit, but same system as @HungryHalibut, Naim Uniti Nova, PMC twenty5.21i.

It was supposed to be a temporary solution, I do fancy going active again, but it’s not urgent at the moment.

Gary

3 Likes

Who makes that, I feel I need one to play with!

Where it all sarted for me in the late 1960’s:

Owned by my older teenage sister - a rabid Beatles fan.

Definitely a one-box system and not requiring any add-on power supplies or NAS drives! Due to valve amplification (you could see the things glowing through ventilation slots) it sounded lovely - smooth full and rich. This captured my interest - I wanted to know more. The start of a lifelong journey.

6 Likes

HiFi Rose, newer version not nearly so steam punk!

ATB, J

I hadn’t realised that you had the same as me, or maybe I’d just forgotten. The PMC active upgrade kit will be available shortly, I believe. It would be interesting to compare Nova passive with Atom HE active.

3 Likes

I had PMC Twenties (21 & 23) before moving to Kudos Titans and, given their performance, can’t help but think the PMC Active Twenties and the Atom HE would be a stunning combination.

Certainly absolutely worth auditioning.

ATB, J

2 Likes

Yes Lindsay, still in Huntingdon

1 Like

This sounds somewhat familiar… glad you have the mojo back….

4 Likes

Hi Simon, Thank You, the mojo is definitely back, been following your experience’s with the Nait 50 with interest, think we both agree. more is not always better.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.