Linn Karousel bearing announced

@anon23139555

Some kind of Chrysanthemum?..Lily?
Nice idea for a thread: Show us yer System and Plants!

1 Like

Iā€™ve had lots of Regas.
And know them, almost, all bar the latest and the very top-secret Naiad.
Unfortunately theyā€™re not in the same league.

2 Likes

Iā€™m definitely not - DIY and me are like oil and water.

Iā€™ll have to have a listen to the Karousel some time (no hurry) and hear if I can detect the improvement. If so my dealer is best placed to fit it.

1 Like

Please share your insights as to why.

They certainly kept this development a closely guarded secret.

Iā€™m not all that surprised a new bearing is on offer after almost 3 decades of the Cirkus but do wonder when a new top plate will get covertly created behind the locked doors of the secret underground Linn laboratory bunker :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Same here.

2 Likes

Same here - plus the plinth.

Not too sure about the white plinth. Would need to see that in the flesh I think.

There is always the Karmen :smiley: :+1:

4 Likes

If the housing is made from austenitic stainless steel, (which I guess it is, as itā€™s not magnetic) after 10 years screwed together, the housing wonā€™t be easily removable.

Not unless you use couple of pairs of 3ft stilsons. :grinning:

2 Likes

I demoed that last year but wasnā€™t too thrilled. So if itā€™s not available any more not a huge loss.

Is that safe?

Strangely the Tangerine Audio Karmen Top-plate was the upgrade I thought was the most worthwhile ā€¦
Back when I was still a sucker to the Linn hype

2 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation. I was there last night but I donā€™t own a TT right now. The Karousel did sound fantastic and was a clear upgrade.

5 Likes

Weā€™ve really taken a fancy to playing vinyl (who knew???), and Iā€™m buying myself a late birthday + new job present of an LP12. Enjoy it while I can, and experience what so many of you have heard over the decades. Good timing, as I should be getting the new K bearing. If all goes to plan itā€™ll be assembled here in my home in April.

8 Likes

Slap some copperslip on it when assembling.

Congrats Bart, you will love it!

2 Likes

IME Rega quality is too variable. I wonā€™t go there again.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t heard it but I will almost certainly buy it. Why? Because Iā€™m a believer!

Linn are a great engineering company IMO and I have faith in their products. I cant remember ever having been disappointed with a Linn LP12 upgrade. I dont get the cynicism some have towards Linn, well perhaps I do, it dates from the flat earth days but thatā€™s another subject, if you dont like what Linn does keep your dosh in your pocket or look elsewhere.

The Karousel may be Linns answer to the TPT, who knows, and if you already have one then I expect your unlikely to want to investigate the Karousel.
So, comparisons between TPT and Karousel are probably a bit meaningless and moot as the TPT is no longer available.

As for Tiger Paw generally, very strange. I was in communication with Roger at TP with a view to investigating the Javelin and Kahn, in conjunction with my dealer. Arrangements seemed to be moving forward then abrubtly Roger stopped responding to my emails and that of my dealer. Iā€™m aware of others that were seemingly blanked without explanation, was he ill, did he just stop trading, nobody seemed to know and the website is still live.
Glad I didnt end up buying anything from TP and I feel for anyone who has and maybe has been left with no after sales back up from TP. Cant imagine Linn doing this.
Perhaps TP has been the victim of some industry politics at the evil hand of Linn, one for the Linn haters and cynics?

3 Likes

I doubt Linn had anything to do with them deciding to stop answering emails from dealers that were fully bought into their products.