List of Bookshelf Speakers that match with Naims

Proac D2.

my friend offer ATC SCM-7 version/gen 2

what about that speaker, should I buy newer one (Gen-3) ?

The newer one has the in house built tweeter which is sweet but the Vifa ones used in the mk2 are pretty good too with atc own alloy wave guide. If the price is right they are worth a punt.

1 Like

Depends on the speakers and room!

I used Neat Ultimatum XLS’s with my 282/250 and it was a wonderful match.

I have “heard” that Kudos 505’s are also a great match.

The average ATC has a low sensitivity of around 84-85 dB, is it easy for the NAP-140 to drive this ATC?

Which is why I also have a 250… :sunglasses:

its as much about the load presented to the amp and the atc’s are well engineered not cause any nasties like impedance dip. I’m not familiar with the older naim amps but i had a nait 5si with scm11 and was surprised at the result. More power is better but it was ok.

Proac d2 r

Naim loves those low cost Qacoustics speakers too. You’d be amazed how good a pair of 2010i, 3010 or 3010i sound on the end of an entry level Naim like a Uniti Qute.

They do need plenty of space behind them though.

If someone blew their budget on source and amp and forget to leave some leftover for speakers, GBP160 is all you need to solve the problem.

2 Likes

anyone use Neat Motive SX1/1 here?

1 Like

Agreed. I use a pair of q accoustics concept 20 on my nait 5i en they sound brilliant. They do about everything right, love em.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.