List of speakers heard with Nait / Nait 2

I used both of these for a long time (about 14 years each, as it happens). Even though my amp was a 250 for almost all that time, your descriptions exactly match my own experiences with them, in other words, adding a good amount of power didn’t eliminate the shortcomings (although it was generally beneficial).

It’ll be interesting to see if a shortlist of favoured Nait-friendly speakers shakes out.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone has mentioned the Naim nSATs - they go really well with nait 2

Our illustrious leader Richard has a pair in bedroom

I run with nait 2 and it’s a great combo

2 Likes

Thanks Corry!
Interesting that you had similar findings even with a 250.

1 Like

Yep, that’s what I’m asking folks - just to feedback on what they’ve tried.

1 Like

Hopefully @Richard.Dane can say a few words on them.

I like n-Sats and the NAIT2 seems to work nicely with them.

I note that SL2s are not listed. With a top class source this combination can also work beautifully.

4 Likes

Done - thanks!

To clarify, I’m only adding entries from folks with first hand experience and where they’ve added some form of comment.

1 Like

I would like to add Shaihinian Super Elf, great combo. very musical, just a lack in the bass maybe due to the cables I used (DNM reson)

2 Likes

Added - thanks.

I was recommended these with a Nait, if I could find a pair - which I never did :slight_smile:

honestly I never believed that a cable could change the sound so drastically, but I had to remember when I switched from DNM reson (chosen only for aesthetic reasons) to LINN k20, the bass came out of my harbeth P3ESR ​​and everything became much more full-bodied.
If I had used the LINN K20s with the shahinains I think I would still have them here with me permanently.

1 Like

I had a Nait 2 in the eighties originally with Ruark Sabre 2’s and then with Ruark Talisman 2’s fronted by a Sondek LP12. This combination was fantastic, I still regard this set up as one of the all time best.
Both speakers were superb, the Talisman 2’s were the same as the Sabres but with deeper bass, fantastic speakers.

2 Likes

My understanding is that Quad ELS57s are a good match.

Done - Thanks

Thanks Christopher. If anyone has heard the combo and wants to write a few words then will add them in. I thought the Nait needed a modification to work safely with ESLs though. Not sure if it was factory approved or not.

About twenty five years ago I found a red light Nait for my sister, in my town. The guy I bought it from had quite a bit of gear, including ESL57s. They were his preferred speakers with the Nait. This surprised me but unfortunately I didn’t hear the combo.

KEF 101, KEF 101/2, KEF 103.2 (for NAIT 2.).

I don’t think the Quads need much power and can be easily damaged them too much power. However, they have very low impedence (like Linn Saras - which can also be driven by a Nait) and the Nait seems to be able to cope very well with that.

Any comments you can make about each model?

In the mid-‘80s I had Epos ES14s on the end of Xerxes/RB300/K9 and Nait 1. It was a lovely combination, lots of drive and energy, very musical, I listened to a lot of music on that system before I moved to 62/140.

2 Likes

Current is the problem with ESLs. Naim offered a “Quad mod”, which lowered the current delivery on the NAP250 do it could be safely used with ESLs.