List of speakers heard with Nait / Nait 2

I have enjoyed using Diesis Solitaires on the end of my NAIT 2. It’s too long ago for me to recall exactly how it all performed (and I’m not about to dig them out and hook them up), but it certainly didn’t seem lacking and outperformed a few other well regarded amps on these speakers.

Added - thanks both!

I’ve used SL2s and Allaes on the end of the Nait 2, both sound excellent.
Nait 2 / Allaes are in storage at the moment but will return soon, cannot wait :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks,

Can you describe them at all? What is each good at?

I think its down to the 8" woofer, played at moderate volume the Nait drives these beautifully on both SL2 and Allaes, bass lines sound sublime. I’m a big fan of Stanley Clarke and the Nait driving either of these two speakers is such an enjoyable listen.

The SL2s obviously pip the Allaes on the Nait but the Allaes are not a million miles away and the characteristics are similar.

3 Likes

Nice one - thanks HiFiman! - added

Did you listen to all of these speakers?

Well only the models that I entered, but yes, otherwise I did - and bar a couple (AN-K / Red 100), all at home. Been a busy couple of years :slight_smile: Much easier these days though, what with the Internet, unlike the old days when you’d have to read the adds in HiFi mags and then telephone a complete stranger.

Jean Marie Reynaud Twin. Fantastic combo, tuneful, emotionally involving, good timbre and bass. Not as snappy as Kans but much easier to live with in a bigger room and not quite as source critical. Will still reveal a bad front end though!

Added - thanks!

I’d never heard of them before.

The KEF 101 was a BBC monitor design; flat response from 60hz to 20k. The 103.2 had an eight inch woofer and is still considered one of the most beautiful speakers ever made.

The 105 was a trash can sized monster with an extra horn, and total separation of the components into separate sub enclosures. Amazing detail and soundstage.

I heard Tull “Songs from the wood” on those through a Naim separates setup plus a Linn LP12. Great speaks!

Added - thanks!

I run my Nait 2 with Trenner & Friedl “Dizzy” floorstanding speakers made in 2010. Fantastic tone/touch/texture and momentum! I’ve also heard some of the new T&F models with a Nait 2…superb!

2 Likes

I used Kef 102/2 ref with Kube with my CB Nait. Enjoyed them for 15 years.

1 Like

Added - Tx!

If you can put together a sentence to describe their benefits then I’ll add them.

The Quad restorers of today provide protection for the speakers and of course, the Nait 2 is one of the classic amps for the original Quad. Naim’s typical circuit design are great for Quads moreso than other solid state amplifiers.

Even the Nait 2 does extremely well with the 63s. I find the issue of how loud they can play much overblown. I think they are not the choice for beyond 100db peaks from the typical measurement distance, which in my environment/positioning is extremely loud.

Nice to see the Epos ES14’s fairing well amongst some worthy opponents. Loving mine and wondering where next? :ok_hand::+1:

I still use KEF 101 Reference, 38 years old.

Getting the Focal 905 soon.

I am not good at memorizing, but i could still remember the combination i had few years ago.

Note first:

Nait2 is unrecapped and bought 2nd hand 2017, feeded by by sonos connect.

Nait1 is recapped 2017, feeded by linn klimax renew ds mk0.

Interconnect is Chord chrysalis rca to din. And speaker cable is linn k400.

1. Nait2 + Elac 310i

Good bass given the small size of speaker (in very limited listening environment). I actually quite missed the combination.

2)Nait2 + Snell type k ii

Remembered playing many female vocal music, the emotion were in the music. In this combination I realized the importance of source, and than went for the linn klimax renew ds.

3)Nait1 + Snell type k ii

The listening environment improved, and Enjoy this combination given the top source, the separation between instruments is not clear, but enjoy almost all kinds of music. I even invited my non-hifi colleagues to experience the setup.

4)Nait1 +linn index mk1

My roommate enjoyed very much especially the rock music. This combination can cover most kinds of music imo.

My listening experience is limited, and not good at comparing.

Stay safe,

Chen

2 Likes