Live Albums - How Many Actually Are Live?

Thanks, I’ll investigate that.

I want to hear again Morrison taunting the crowd during a New York show, where he says something along the lines ‘Ah, New York, where the only people who rush the stage are guys!’.

He was a bad lad, that Lizard King!

@graham55

I thought you’d already bought the RSD blue vinyl AL, Graham?

So did I, Stevie! But I was incarcerated in a care home at the time. Now that I’m home, I’ve had a huge pile of LPs that friends and neighbours took in for me. Sadly, that does not include a blue vinyl copy (I had ordered two) of ‘Absolutely Live’.

I will try to get a couple of ‘standard issue’ black ones from the place in Swansea so kindly recommended by Lindsay (above), although their website shows it as being out of stock. But what fun would life be without constant challenges to keep us on our toes?

Ah, you’re back home. Congratulations!

Enjoy!

There are loads of AL on ebay, including UK red labels and a US first. May be worth a look through, for condition etc.

Yes, almost a whole week now, and it’s beyond wonderful to be home.

Needless to say, Diverse Vinyl are closed today! But I won’t be defeated.

I don’t think I’ll bother with FleaBay, as I want to get my hands on a pristine copy (or ideally two).

1 Like

Can we hope to see your system in ‘System Pics’?
Quite looking forward to seeing your Quads.

Which release of AL does Diverse have I wonder?
The RSD?

Hello, Stevie. I have never been able to post photos to this Forum, but I’ll try to persuade someone more technically savvy to do so for me in the next few days.

I’m beginning to despair of ever getting my hands on a new copy of ‘Absolutely Live’, but again will try to get someone to help.

Watch this space, I hope.

Great News to here that you’re home at last @graham55 :+1:t3:
Is all well at the House of Graham?

What Records claim to have a copy of the 2019 issue. They are good to deal with but their stock info online is not always reliable, so I would give them a call before ordering.

All is very well indeed, thanks, QS.

I’m just about to bugger off to the pub for a few non-alcoholic beers - which would have required days of planning when I was incarcerated.

I have refrained from firing up the music system so far, while I reacclimatise to being home, but that will change from tomorrow. What fun!

Thank you very much, Clive. I tried to get in touch with them just now, but they’re obviously closed today. I’ve left a message on their answering machine, and I’ll see if I can make some progress tomorrow.

Thanks again for the tip.

1 Like

Frank often incorporated live recordings into studio sessions. I wouldnt class Sheik as a live album.

John Mayall, The Turning Point, awesome record.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.