Love the 272 please update - 1 click like post

Sorry Tim, I was being ironic. Or trying to. I have no idea what Soundcloud is and frankly have no desire to find out. eBay is for sure the best option.

Has anyone heard anything about the replacement for the 272 ?
Will it be a 273 ? Or is it just a rumour about it being at Bristol?
I’m interested on two fronts.
One I won’t to know if it will have a socket to plug a Linn Urika 2 into and Two my Son wants one but he doesn’t know it yet.

It’s speculation. My betting is that it will be previewed at Munich in May. It certainly wouldn’t be 278, unless it had eight channels.

Sorry but yes this would work excellently. I’d like to add that this is exactly why the CCA was made. It was never intended for HIFI, but as a simple way to get modern streaming services applied to older devices.

The 272 was listed in the top 9 Naim products of all time.

I’d really appreciate it if you were able and willing to talk me through an idiots guide to setting this thing up! I’ve downloaded the Chrome App onto my iPad, plugged the CC into the 3.5mm auxiliary socket of the Onkyo, and ground to a halt! The App steadfastly refuses to ‘see’ my Music stores on the US or NAS. I have no idea where to go from here. Any thoughts?

Was that a Naim list or an independant one?

I assume you have the Google Home app installed?

If so, are both your iPad & the CC Audio on the same wifi network?

I have a pretty tight security configuration on my local network and have explicitly opened the wifi router to allow uPNP as a protocol.

Which app do you intend to use to stream? I do have mconnect lite on my i-deviced and use hifi-cast on my android devices to stream. They both work.

Maybe start with the last question.

Given that you have a Naim streamer, I can’t see why you would want a CCA to take over local streaming? There are ways to do it, apparently, but it’s primarily intended for use with web streaming services, much like a Naim streamer can with Spotify or Tidal, but with a large range of streaming services supported.

It is for the old onkyo in the garage.

Absolutely thumb this up! If they do upgrade the 272 hopefully they will include an HMDI ARC input and talk to LG/Samsung/Panasonic about integration. I suppose a lot of traditional Naim users have their Hi-Fi in their man caves surrounded by retro pub ashtrays, but no doubt many people would like to integrate their system with their AV units. The fact they did this on their uniti range gives me hope…

1 Like

The garage Onkyo doesnt even have a USB port for a thumbnail drive! It would be nice to have easy access to all my collection when working out there - hifi quality not the first priority!

Mconnect Player lite looks good. Where would this need to be installed? All my bits of kit are on the home network - NAS, US, iMac etc. As you can no doubt tell, networking is not my strong suit!

On you i-device. I have it on my iphone. Works sufficiently for me.

If the Onkyo thing has an analogue, or preferably an optical input, you can use the CCA with it. Obviously you’ll need a WiFi signal, unless you use an optional Ethernet adapter with it.
There are apps that will access locally stored music files and stream them to a CCA. I haven’t tried this, but I can’t see why it wouldn’t work.

Thanks. Just downloaded the app to iPad and looks like we’re in business! It’s found the CCA attached to the Onkyo, and all my music files on the UnitiServe. Playing my latest rip as I type (UFO’s Strangers in the Night. Sounds as good via the Onkyo DAB one box with Wharfedale Diamond 9.0 bookshelf speakers as CDs, radio or iPod source. I won’t ever use it with any of my Naim systems, as I only stream from my own music stores, not commercial streamers.

So, no need for an eBay listing after all. I’m really rather impressed with what it does and the (eventual) ease with which it does it.

Thanks for providing the information and inspiration to get it done, rather than giving up.

1 Like

Thats great to read. Congrats! I use my CCA in a similar way, or to sort out issues. The Raspberry Pi + Allo Digione is better for sure, but the CCA is very practical for its price.

I spotted that list as well. It’s on the What Hi-fi website.

I believe it’s independent, there’s a separate thread with a link somewhere here.

Thx Pete - saw it about an hour after posting my question! Given that What HiFi have never awarded Naim a poor review I’m not sure how much value it adds to anything.