LP12 shootout at Cymbiosis

Well I’m not stripping mine down to put back in the box!
Is that yours @Skeptikal ?

1 Like

@Blackstar
No mate wish it was.
I was in the right place at the right time for the conception.
It was all happening for a while. :wink: :+1:t2:

1 Like

I bought the second one “incomplete” with an intention just to use the arm wand. I worked out how to modify the mounting plate so that it can used with a Cymbiosis Lifter, the rest is Javelin heaven.

FF

2 Likes

Playing Snowy White “Midnight Blues” virtually zero surface noise, pops or clicks and a truly profoundly good sound. I love your amps Naim but your Solstice/ARO2 just doesn’t sound like this.

15 Likes

Still you’ve got history :+1:
I think @FrankF should gift you one, only proper as the owner of two :rofl::rofl::wink:

1 Like

I second that ! :wink: :rofl: :+1:t2:

1 Like

Even with a tweaked Solstice, with a top cartridge ( top Dynavector or Lyra), Superline / Supercap, and an additional ps for the motor ?

2 Likes

For sure. Even the “tricked up” one didn’t make music flow like this. Seperation, integration, detail and control in the bass all better with this LP12 Klimax Plus ( as Peter S calls it) All the unwanted noise was much higher with the Solstice and even the SME 20. The package Solstice is simply well behind this LP12 Rooster

7 Likes

Is that good or not good?

1 Like

Rob,

Is the Evenstar a new thing or did you get it at same time as the rest of LP12?

1 Like

It’s a Tangerine product Dan. Details on their website. It’s another one of those small incremental improvements. Came with the deck. I’d rather it wasn’t in a way because it’s faffy taking it off and I prefer the look of the deck without it but once heard :thinking:

2 Likes

I have seen them. If it works then all good. Listening to Rumours. Sounding very sweet!

So is the system complete?

2 Likes

Not until I have the Kudos SIGAO crossover mate. Then yes for sure.

2 Likes

I have an early pressing of Rumours Dan. What a great album and sound quality. I like the white album a lot also. Monday Morning and Warm Ways. A delight with Stevie Nicks I would imagine :wink:

2 Likes

I have 2 Rumours LPs on vinyl. I am trying to decipher what pressing earlier one is. But have put it on back burner. I have alot of my parents old records.

Sergeant Peppers Lonely Hearts, all sorts.

Not an easy task to work out what pressing it is as a novice.

It’s an interesting hobby and getting into these records on all levels just keeps going.

Sold phonostage by the way Rob. Sold for £1200, purchased £1350. Ebay fees and so on. Not too bad.

5 Likes

@Dan_M
Post the matrix info (in the deadwax) here and we can look them up on Discogs.

2 Likes

I think you should be able to scan the barcode or put the barcode digits into Discogs, and it’ll tell you quite a lot. Not sure if it’ll get to pressing details, worth a look whilst you’re waiting for the Degritter to do it’s thing? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rumours R/S Alsdorf 56344 B4 xx other side same A5.

Older records have no barcode!

3 Likes

Oops X)

1 Like