LP12 shootout at Cymbiosis

I should think that it has certainly bought the LP12 into the 21st century.

I would probably like it now as always found them not to my liking when ever i have heard one.

I get that. It’s a different beast to the LP12 I owned in the past in all the “right” ways

2 Likes

I bet it sounds fantastic.
You still using the dynavector drt xv1t?
I loved mine, had 2 infact

1 Like

I am Dunc it works so well in the ARO.

2 Likes

Never heard the mk1 aro, only ever seen them.

Would certainly like to hear a deck like yours at some point, as i always liked how the LP12’s look, and yours takes that to a new level.
As i bet that plinth looks even better in the flesh and is nice to touch. :laughing:

I love mine, especially being battery powered and no nasty mains to have to deal with. A very unique design, especially the arm.

1 Like

I’m sure that yours sounds great also. There are quite a few good turntables available these days. But after all the c…p I went through with the Solstice trying to improve the package and then the SME repair debacle things have ended really well for me.

3 Likes

The fluting fools the eyes into thinking that the plinth could be timber with a black finish.

19 Likes

You certainly tried with the solstice, i give you that.
The SME was a shame, but i think what you have now is better SQ for you and your system.

Vinyl is hard to get right really, especially when you start to delve into more, and realise that you can make it sound very different and set up is very important and so easy to get wrong and not even know.

2 Likes

Spot on Dunc. Peter Swain is obviously top of his game. Some vinyl pressings are just noisey whether it be with surface roar or clicks and pops. On good pressings the background is now dead silent . I’ve never experienced it before.

3 Likes

I’m sure there’s a reference book somewhere that has a picture like that as the definition of “Turntable:…”

Looks great, particularly with the ARO. Just because I own a Technics doesn’t stop me also liking the looks of the LP12 :slight_smile: Plus, after 30 odd years of black ash Systemdek ownership I have a soft spot for black TTs.

I definitely listen with my eyes a bit whenever I play vinyl. The visual and manual interaction with TTs plays a part I reckon. Hope you enjoy that deck for years to come.

1 Like

Cheers G and ditto.

My Stealth Effort from 1987 Fettled by Peter :heart_eyes: :+1:t2:

12 Likes

Have to say my cartridge that i use is deadly silent on the right vinyl, surface noise compared to my second arm on the deck, well there is no comparison, the difference is huge.
Thats with a cartridge that was £3k new. But obviously the second arm, cartridge, etc, is not as well done as the main arm, but even so the difference is huge, and really shows off the difference in it all on the same deck.

1 Like

Lovely Skep :+1:

1 Like

Flutes maketh the Linn. I’m sorry, they just do :wink:

7 Likes

The construction of a Linn Klimax White Reference… Nearly all Linn except VP REF subchassie and AS Mushrooms. From LinnArts.

13 Likes

It becomes to much of a Project turntable for my taste but someone I’m sure likes it a lot :blush:

1 Like

I’ve always kind of lusted after an SME V. Such a great looking piece of engineering. I did hear one years ago on a Roksan. Can’t recall the cartridge, possibly Koetsu, huge amount of detail but I much preferred my LP12/Ekos/Troika at the time.

2 Likes

Is the outer platter the Linn standard one?

Doubt it unless painted. :scream:

1 Like