Lyric of the Day

Put down your gun, you might shoot yourself
Oh that’s what you’re trying to do.

(Paul Rodgers/Simon Kirke) - (a plea to Koss)

That must be a Free song that I’ve never heard of (or at least I can’t place the lyrics).

What a sad life (and death) Paul Kossoff had. He was a wonderful electric guitarist, but he was in awe of others, particularly Jimi Hendrix. It’s a clichė, of course, but he saw hard drugs as a means of escape from a life which he found hard to live, which was a crying shame. He also had a troubled relationship with his father, which never helps.

It was actually Wishing Well.

I’m amazed, as I love that song. I don’t suppose that I’ve heard it in at least twenty or thirty years, though.

But thank you! I’ll have to try to buy the album now (‘At Last’?) to listen to it again.

If ever an album had an appropriate title that one did, the band were almost literally on their knees. Incidentally the credits on the album don’t list Koss as playing on Wishing Well. It’s so obviously wrong, it is so obviously Koss. I went to an evening with Simon Kirke and had the opportunity to ask him and he said definitely no doubt it was Koss. Heartbreaker is normally available on vinyl on a well known auction site.

Linking with my Lynyrd Skynyrd thread Free were a big influence on LS.

Catch a train with a name of an alphabet letter.

(Jack White)

It’s like what my painter friend Donald said to me
“Stick a fork in their ass and turn them over, they’re done”

Lou Reed The Last Great American Whale from his brilliant New York album.

4 Likes

Meanwhile in the corner of some secluded spot
He says “please” and she says “stop”
I never want to hear that song you dedicated tonight
For you see it means so much more than it might

1 Like

But don’t ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you wanted you

3 Likes

So easy to look at so hard to define……

1 Like

The three chord symphony crashes into space
The moon is hanging upside down.

That song was so powerful in its message that it actually led to a temporary reconciliation with his wife.

1 Like

That’s really good to know…thanks…

1 Like

Another Lou Reed set of lyrics think it’s hard to imagine more references in one verse.

NYC Man from the Set The Twighlight Reeling

Brutus made a pretty speech but Caesar was betrayed / Lady Macbeth went crazy but Macbeth ended slain / Ophelia and Desdamona dead leaving Hamlet in a play / But I’m no Lear with blinded eyes, say “go” and I am gone

1 Like

Oh by the way….which one’s pink?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.