Mains distribution blocks etc

Cheers @PJL, think I’ll do that

2 Likes

Anyone tried/bought a Musicworks G5 yet?

Thoughts?

ATB, J

@duf666 I too use Isotek. Really like the product. Rests on a shelf on my rack.

I think @Gazza has the G5.

1 Like

Well its a nice upgrade it just sounds better than its predecessor, albeit at a price. However, a decent trade in and it was a no brainer. @MichaelF bought one too from our mutual dealer.

yep, no regret!

Inexpensive but in a 200/400 euro price range . Not a cheap nasty microwave one, at 20 euros.
But yes, I agree with others, a Chord M6 or even S6 is too much at your level of gear.
Wireworld matrix would be fine.

Wireworld Matrix is not the best quality, its a bit basic … (IMO)
The internal LN&E wires have twist connectors, low cost quick assy items
Wire size looks aprx 1.5mm.

6 Likes

Thanks for posting that.
It’s really dreadful and wouldn’t plug it in my house.
Glad your making aware. :flushed: :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I have always advocated for getting the best unit one can afford and for which there is space to accommodate the unit. For me it had little to do with the system you have. Even an Atom HE can benefit. In choosing a unit, one should know something about the quality of their power. If one has a detached home, it might not matter much, unless you have significant fluctuations. Even detached homes can share the grid snd have issues.

On the other hand if you live in an apartment or flat complex with a lot of noise on the line and where you are subject to how others in the community use power, and where there is line noise, then a high end unit might very well be in order. I find all these generalizations that base unit selection on system price to be of limited benefit. KNOW YOUR POWER QUALITY!

1 Like

I am then surprised that some here use it with 500 series or even Statement, as @Darkebear .
There’s also the famous Hydra. The entry level from Eros, but a bit more expensive.

Of course power matters a lot. But in the case of the OP, an Atom HE into active bookshelves, what would you buy first with 4k euros :
222 / 300 ps and sell the Atom
Or
Chord M6 with Chord Sarum t power cord ?

@frenchrooster The later option. The best power conditioning one can afford will support future upgrades in my opinion.

1 Like

I personally use a Nordost q base block and am v pleased with it ( was a change from the previous Music works g3 )
One thing that springs to mind is when people construct their own blocks …are they possibly at risk of insurers using this as a “ get out “ should any problems occur?
Only bringing this up as we seem to live in an ever more regulated world !
Steve.

The insurance issue puts one at risk for home made Since I am in the US, any power conditioning unit that I purchase, must be UL approved. I am sure there are similar organizations in other countries.

Hi @frenchrooster, the speakers Im looking to get are probably going to be the active ATC SCM 19’s or PMC Twenty5 23i floor standers rather than the stand mounters that I was previously going to get.

1 Like

In that case yes. But not, imo, if the OP doesn’t want more upgrades in the future.
Let’s say we agree for 75% :grin:

PJL

My experience suggests that the latter would almost certainly be a better option if your aim is to get closer to the music.

But let your ears, and nobody else’s, be the judge.

I would recommend the Eros Titan. It’s very good for the price.

I build mine with regulation fittings.
I know a fire scene investigator they are far more clued up than most realise. :wink: :+1:t2: