Mark Lanegan R.I.P

Mark Lanegan, Singer with the Screaming Trees, Queens of the Stone Age, Gutter Twins and great solo artist.
Thanks for all the great music and concerts over the years Mark, gone too young.

3 Likes

Seen him in concert a couple of times once with Isobel Campbell. Wonderful voice.
So soon after the death of Dallas Good from The Sadies.
Very sad on both accounts.

1 Like

I hadn’t heard about the death of Dallas Good, another sad loss, great band and saw some great live shows from them over the years.

1 Like

A great and very distinctive singer who had so much more to give. Taken too soon.

I too saw him live and have always loved the albums with Isobel Campbell. Very sad news.

Yeah was a real shock regarding Dallas Good. Likewise I saw them live on several occasions. Always brilliant.
Last time I saw them was in Bristol. I was wandering the streets prior to the gig and I saw them walking towards me.
I spoke to Dallas who looked shocked that anybody had recognised him. He said they were just off for a bite to eat before the gig.
It was the last night of their European Tour. They played the show and encore.
The crowd were still going crazy so they came back on and said it’s the last night what the hell & played another encore lasting almost 30 minutes. Fabulous.

1 Like

Their encores were legendary, one time I saw them in a small club in Glasgow, at the end of the gig they didn’t go off stage and announced they were going to try beat their personal best for number of songs played at a gig and played on with verve. Memorable concert, I think the Story’s often Told tour, what a guitar sound

Prolific and fantastically creative. RIP

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.