Max Richter - similar recommendations

Really enjoying Max Richter’s latest works in Voices, Voices2, etc. Was interested to see if anyone had any other recommendations of similar artists or works? Thanks

Olafur Arnalds and Ulrich Schnauss (abit more uptempo though) are in a similar vain and worth exploring.

3 Likes

Nils Frahm?

7 Likes

And Sakamoto could fit…

1 Like

Bit left field but consider having a listen to this Jesus’ Blood Never Failed Me Yet by Gavin Bryars

4 Likes

Jóhann Jóhannsson

4 Likes

1 Like

Ludovico Einaudi

Some of Jon Hopkins’ stuff

1 Like

Joep Beving

Ken Dodd.

thanks for all the suggestions - big fan of Ludovico Einaudi and Nils Frahm (can be quite dark) so definitely hitting the mark. Will try all the others too.

1 Like

Just remembered, another to try is Niklas Paschburg.

Oh and there is a collaboration album between Niels Frahm and Ólafur Arnalds called Trance Frendz that I just love.

1 Like

Harold Budd

I find this fun:

Roger

3 Likes

I didn’t ‘get’ Voices at all. Could have been reading the phone book…what am I missing?

Interesting, guess we all have our own unique preferences. I found the music and the message within narrated part really uplifting. In these troubled times listening to whats involved in the Declaration of Human Rights reminds us how far we, as humanity, fall short in some areas. For me personally, I found the whole album created a strong emotional response, as well as being really good music

1 Like

Thanks @TBC
I’ll give it another listen for sure…

1 Like

Any better second time round??

Better than my first plays, for sure…
Still not certain that Voices is a keeper though.

Pleasant and relaxing, nice…but that’s about it.

I can’t seem to make the connection of the music with the words…

I’ll listen again before deciding.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.